Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios are responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of extraordinary games across multiple platforms, including Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building, and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers, and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California, and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need
An individual to lead project budget operations including preparing, reviewing, analyzing, and making recommendations on budget requests for various Studio’s operations external production costs. This candidate will be a strategic problem solver, highly analytical, creative, and have a demonstrated ability to effectively lead financial responsibilities and decision-making in a rapidly evolving business. This role requires a self-starter with strong attention to detail, and the ability to optimally run multiple projects. This role has regular interaction with various 2K senior executives, 2K Finance, various business units, and requires strong interpersonal and communication skills. The Financial Analyst will report to the VP of Publishing Operations.
What You Will Do
- Own the preparation and ratification of the Production project development budgets in coordination with Production, Finance, various studio leaders, and business partners to collect and capture operating and project/title development assumptions
- Collaborate with following partners: finance team; functional teams for developing forecasts and budgets; decision support for business
- Updates to monthly forecasts and quarterly and product development assumptions while incorporating variance analysis (actual v. budget and forecast)
- Recommend courses of action to help with cost controls, participate in financial scenarios buildings
- Monitor budget requests from numerous departments and provide variance explanations and business insights to the partners in a concise manner
- Prepares ad-hoc reports, special projects, and presentations for various internal partners
- Work with the Finance and Business teams to set up new processes and procedures, and opportunities for operational improvement
What Will Make You a Great Fit
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets & PowerPoint/Google Slides is required
- Excellent interpersonal skills to collaborate with a diverse set of partners in a global environment (including Finance team members and functional leaders); ability to summarize analyses and recommendations and present to leadership.
- "Can-do" attitude with a desire to learn
- Organizational savvy to handle multiple business priorities simultaneously and prioritize and complete work within exacting deadlines
- General accounting knowledge preferred
- A proactive approach to problem-solving including analytical and information system skills
- Detail-oriented, with high level of ethics and integrity
- Able to work effectively while working remotely
- Gaming industry experience, mainly working on AAA titles
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need a reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.