We are looking for a Senior Modeler to join our Cloud Chamber Environment team and deliver high-quality AAA visuals. Reporting to the Lead Modeler, the Senior Modeler collaborates with other team members, Leads and Directors to create very high-quality assets, materials, and environments.
In this role, you will contribute to carrying forward the artistic vision and use all your expertise to establish the visual bar for the game’s decors for the next installment of the BioShock franchise.
Reporting to the Lead Modeler, the Senior Modeler collaborates with other leads and sets the stage for a stunning narrative and systems-driven experience. The Senior Modeler communicates effectively and contributes to establishing the visual bar for the game.
- Create visually appealing, 3D models of natural and architectural elements based on concept art and/or photo reference while extracting the best / brightest details and exaggerating those to a point of caricature.
- Create and compose modular kits and collection sets to form dramatic, believable spaces.
- Works closely with Art leads to ensure that environments and assets match the quality bar and vision for the game’s direction.
- Communicate effectively with team members to ensure consistency.
- Receive and apply feedback effectively while maintaining a positive attitude.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
You love FPS games, and PBR-stylized environment is your forte! You enjoy crafting unique and detailed textures and 3D models to enhance that awesome environment concept, and you are naturally excited to learn and continuously improve your skills. You enjoy collaborating with your team, and across the artistic disciplines, you keep in mind metrics and technical requirements. You want to challenge yourself on delivering the best possible looking game for a next gen Bioshock.
- 5+ years of experience creating high-quality 3D architecture, environments, and props for AAA games and at least 1 shipped title.
- Experience marrying the spirit of concept art and direction with your own point of view in order to expand on any idea, scene, or asset.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 and/or 5 is highly desired.
- Foundation in traditional art with ability to concept ideas.
- Strong understanding of how objects and architecture are built in the real world.
- Highly proficient in 3ds Max, Maya, Blender and Photoshop.
- Proficient in Z-Brush and Substance Painter.
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction.
- Highly skilled in hard surface modeling
- Interest and dedication to advancing your craft, and eagerness to learn new techniques and software.
- Strong aesthetic appreciation for composition, proportion, mass, volume, light, lighting
- and color.
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently taking the next BioShock. Our love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com accounts.