Who we are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What we need
The Technical Program Manager will drive solutions and execution through practical working experience, scaled agile and traditional program management along with emotional intelligent skills. Working with our team requires an outstanding blend of business insight and technical skills demonstrated through the ability to translate Studio and Publishing challenges/opportunities into measurable roadmaps and backlogs. Partnering with the Marketing, Studios, Product, Engineering and other value stream contributors both internal and external; understand, communicate and implement the product requirements informed by industry analysis and end-user feedback to lead the overall product lifecycle for a portfolio of solutions.
What You Will Do
- Lead a persistent self-organization structure and mission, which incrementally delivers a continuous flow of value from conceptualization through deployment and release, and into operations
- Ensure that vision, relevant OKR - key indicators, and roadmap are established with accountable portfolio leads from cross-functional partners
- Continuously refine and adjust the program rolling wave plan and forecast multi-team deliveries
- Facilitate and own program value stream execution and continuous improvement process
- Identify and manage dependencies and risks across projects and teams
- Embody the ground-breaking transparency attitude by actively communicating status (roadmap, OKRs, potential high impacting risks, impediment, etc.) and achievements
- Urge data-driven decisions through examining key indicator results
- Lead multiple agile teams with a focused and learning demeanour and facilitate hyper-effective scrum ceremonies
- Coach and mentor product and engineering to ensure Product Backlog Items are clearly defined and properly phased to facilitate timely delivery of outcomes.
- Mentor teams and partners on agile concepts and benefits
- Establish and maintain relevant metrics (burndowns, throughput, cycle time, capacity); gather and monitor the team’s development velocity
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit
We are seeking a seasoned Technical Program Manager to join our team that leads a portfolio of solutions. You are an expert in program/scaled agile frameworks (SAFe, LeSS and/or Scrum@Scale), agile team execution patterns (XP, Scrum, Scrum-ban and/or Kanban), and have working knowledge of how the organizational framework/leadership vision levels plug into scaled agile execution teams.
- 5+ years of Program Management and Scrum Master experience in a high-tech company, preferably in Gaming
- Certified Scrum Master, Scrum Product Owner or Scaled Agilist (Certified by Scrum Alliance, SAFe Scaled Agile, and/or Scrum Inc) is preferred
- High level of initiative, passion, and desire to create an extraordinary user experience for customers
- Energized by learning and collaborating in a fast-paced environment
- Experience driving agile software development with engineering, quality assurance, and functional teams
- Ability to lead teams through conflict resolution and risk management
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to present sophisticated software development architecture to technical and non-technical partners in diverse settings
- Validated track record managing multiple, ongoing complex projects and implementing of software applications, while delivering on schedule
- Full product lifecycle management experience, including user acceptance testing, launch, and end of life processes
- BA/BS required preferably in Computer Information Systems, Business Administration or related fields (applicable experience may be substituted)
- Experience in enterprise infrastructure, security and/or software engineering is a plus
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.