Founded in 2005, the 2K label includes some of the most talented game development studios in the world today including Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, Hangar 13, 2K Czech, and Cat Daddy Games. Our world-class team of engineers, developers, graphic artists, and publishing professionals are stewards of a growing library of critically acclaimed franchises such as Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, NBA 2K, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California, and is a wholly-owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
2K’s Cat Daddy studio, based in Kirkland, Washington, was started 20+ years ago by industry veterans and is now a wholly-owned subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive within the 2K Label, so we are part of a pretty big family. And while we love being part of something so impressive, the studio is a fun and dedicated family of incredibly hardworking game developers. We have shipped games on almost every genre and platform, with a current focus on mobile games.
What We Need:
We are looking for a Game Designer to join our team focused on a v1 of a new franchise within the 2k family. This position collaborates closely with other Designers on the team to evolving and fill out the game system content from concept to ship. The ideal candidate has experience with TCG games, a highly strategic mind built around rock-paper-scissors mentality, and a deep appreciation of a game that will boldly go where no card game has gone before.
What You Will Do:
Reporting to our Lead Game Designer, this role:
- Builds out specific game features or systems in conjunction with the Design team.
- Designs individual play experiences and interactions, ensuring deep replay-ability and unique interplay between card combinations.
- Works with others on the team to fully execute their plans. Audits play experience data to identify areas of improvement and happily goes back to the drawing board until it is just right.
- Builds out designs with future live ops opportunities in mind.
- Participates with the other Designers and team members in building out best practices, including clear and concise feedback, adaptive design, and continual iteration to generate the best game possible.
- Is able to efficiently work from home, collaborating and sharing virtually until we return to the office.
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
- 2+ years of experience as a game designer across multiple stages of development (development to soft launch to live service).
- 1+ shipped titles in a design role, ideally in the TCG or related (RPG, strategy) genre.
- Enthusiastic about crafting compelling mobile experiences with balanced monetization.
- Proficient in building specs, one-pagers, wireframes. Adept at using tools or software for designing games.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Experience working with engineers, artists, and other designers.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, balancing competing priorities among multiple stakeholders.
- A proven track record of innovation, flexibility, and critical thinking!
At Cat Daddy, we believe diversity of experience is fundamental to creating accessible and fun gaming experiences for *all* of our players. We encourage everyone to consider being a part of our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com or Catdaddy.com accounts.