DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Test both 2D and 3D games, listening and looking for bugs, on various gaming platforms and devices.
- Verify that all test cases assigned to testers are designed properly and correctly executed by the team.
- Verify all bugs are entered into a bug tracking system.
- Verify all bugs marked resolved are regressed by the proper testers.
- Distribute and track builds.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Advanced bug tracking tools and database skills (including Helix and Jira).
- High productivity with few errors.
- Understanding of the department’s core values and adherence to Company policies.
- Consistently acting as a positive role model for testers, in terms of work performance and attitude.
Support Lead and/or Manager with the following:
- Preparing and distributing Daily Status Reports.
- Creating and writing Test Scripts, and keeping them current.
- Performing Database Management tasks.
- Handling Release To Manufacturer (RTM) Checklists.
- Participating in Bug Triages, weekly staff meetings and included on emails.
- Assisting with coaching and mentoring Testers.
- Providing feedback for Annual Performance Reviews.
There may be opportunities for Senior QA Testers to volunteer to perform as a “Pod Leader”. If selected, these additional Responsibilities would be part of the role:
- Help new testers learn the testing process.
- Assist with management of the bug database, as required.
- Assists Lead in supervising testers and allocating testing tasks to appropriate testers.
- Assist with employee evaluations.
- Be able to effectively communicate on issues reported within your pod.
Additional Qualifications for a Pod Leader include:
- More advanced interpersonal and communication skills.
- A highly developed sense of ownership.
- Demonstrating confidence and initiative.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education and Experience )
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of QA testing experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of test cycles and processes
- Able to communicate effectively in English, in both written and oral forms (B2 or higher).