Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need
Directs and facilitates the relationships and publishing services required to support delivering commercially successful AAA games. Fostering and driving the label commercial goals, you will lead all aspects of project budgeting and the P&L for project(s) within a studio. You will be responsible for resolving project overruns and getting approval in cases where necessary.
What You Will Do
- Predicting momentum on your project and helping predict its landing point, release date, etc.
- Ensuring working models fall within 2K guidelines regarding standard methodologies, executive updates, etc.
- Negotiating all third-party contracts for the project(s) as needed
- Overseeing the review and completion of achievement feedback on behalf of 2K
- Overseeing the staffing and potential field requirements of the publishing teams you manage
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit
- 10+ years in internal game development
- Experience building and leading teams across multiple locations
- Previous leadership roles on projects built using proprietary technology
- Experience building AAA open world or sandbox games
- Comfortable guiding and leading staff across both production and creative subject areas, ensuring there is a balanced level of push and pull
- An excellent communicator and emotionally intelligent leader capable of rallying a team
- A deep understanding of relationship management, conflict resolution, budgeting, project management, development, cross-departmental publishing
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization, including publishing executives
- Resourceful, self-motivated, and capable of acting autonomously
- Capable of balancing production and creative needs in support of making informed decisions
- Flexibility to tackle additional responsibilities, as assigned by senior management
- Ability to identify and analyze risk while providing mitigation
- Must be able to effectively communicate risks and obstacles both to managed team members, as well as to studio leadership
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.