Who We Are:
The Creative Services team has the unique opportunity to work across all brands and titles at 2K. The team creates a high volume of digital marketing assets to support all marketing channels in a fast‐paced environment.
What We Need:
We are seeking a Live Services Content Designer for NBA 2K to join our Global Creative Team. The ideal candidate lives and breathes the world of video games and NBA hoops, recognizing and establishing latest trends with the ability to independently curate world class creative at the speed of culture. The Live Services Content Designer leads all aspects of design/media production of our in-game content including the popular MyPLAYER and MyTEAM experiences, including but not limited to seasons, music and apparel integrations, and other partnerships.
This role will focus on bringing to life our in-game content across all media platforms in a creative and impactful manner. Must possess excellent graphic design and video editing skills, with strong proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite including motion graphics design, sound design, color correction, and encoding. The candidate must also be able to juggle multiple projects while working with tight deadlines.
What You Will Do:
- Keep up‐to‐date with the latest marketing creative concepts to provide innovative design ideas and visuals to challenge the status quo and push the creative envelope.
- Brainstorm and collaborate with the creative services team to ensure consistency and alignment with brand guidelines.
- Responsible for interpreting design briefs and conceptualizing an effective appropriate visual solution.
- Able to produce high quality social content in line with marketing briefs, templates, and brand style guides.
- Collaborate to ensure that all design‐related processes run efficiently.
- Build strong relationships with members of the Live Services Marketing team and other cross functional departments. .
- Work closely with Live Service, Developer, and Studio Art leads to ensure branding is consistent, effective and of the highest quality across all marketing mediums both in and out of the game.
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
- Somebody with 3-5 years of digital design experience
- Must provide a demo reel showcasing previous work upon applying. Applicants without a reel or portfolio will NOT be considered.
- Experience with producing and optimizing content across social media, email, web and other digital channels.
- Advanced knowledge of formatting/designing for specific social media platforms, i.e. TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Premiere CC and Creative Suite applications
- (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder, etc.)
- Expert Adobe After Effects compositing and animation skills: excellent/advanced typography skills, animation, motion/camera tracking, and keying, etc.
- Knowledge of 3rd Party plugin suites: Trapcode, Red Giant, DigiEffects, etc.
- Fundamental experience with sound design and audio mixing.
- Fluency in color correction and color grading.
- Able to create pixel‐perfect digital assets for social media.
- Advanced knowledge of A/V compression formats and codecs, along with experience using encoding software such as Adobe Media Encoder.
- Ability to follow and enhance brand guidelines.
- Strong knowledge of colors, fonts, layouts, and other design elements to communicate creative concepts.
- Ability to work under pressure on tight timelines; strong problem‐solving skills to deliver world‐class creative on time and on strategy.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize design projects.
- Ability to follow departmental procedures, including approval processes.
- Excellent communication skills.