JOB TITLE: Senior Producer
LOCATION: Brighton, UK
REPORTS TO: Head of Production
What We Need:
Hangar 13 is looking for an experienced Senior Producer to lead the development of a key title and help to grow the new Brighton team. We are looking above all else for an exceptional communicator with experience working across multiple locations, as well as someone who cares deeply about nurturing and developing team culture.
What You Will Do:
- Partner with Leads to define milestone and sprint deliverables for the team and then drive the successful delivery of all objectives
- Ensure that the work being planned is prioritized in line with the creative vision and seek feedback from key stakeholders when appropriate
- Ensure the Vice President of Development is aware of resource requirements and build plans, which balance scope against available capacity
- Help to define production process and workflows, always looking to optimize the way we build games in order to maximize the time we have available.
- Manage other Producers, setting developmental objectives and delivering regular constructive feedback through 1:1 meetings
- Act as the point person for the testing process with internal QA teams
- Coordinate and assist with marketing, sales, focus testing, outsourcing and other external parties
- Present your teams’ successes at full team meetings and represent progress at the relevant leads and directors’ meetings
- Travel, both domestic and international, may be required
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- 6+ years’ experience in internal game development within a Production role
- At least 1 shipped title in a leadership role
- Experience with AAA console and PC titles at all stages of development
- Experience working with cross-site teams
- Ability to interface with and build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), time and project management skills
- Familiarity with the gaming market and industry trends, as they relate to game development and market research
- Adept at the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must display resourcefulness, enthusiasm, and self-motivation
- Quick learner, able to pick up new tools and technologies and learn new processes quickly and without missing a stride
- Flexibility to take on additional responsibilities, as assigned by senior management
- Strong problem solving skills
- Highly organised. Able to self-prioritize and keep on an assigned track without constant supervision
- Ability to identify and analyze risk while providing mitigation support
- Ability to oversee schedules of external teams
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience working with proprietary game engines and toolsets
- Experience working in startup or early-stage teams
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team.
Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment.
At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional.
We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible,
Where your inquisitive nature is nourished —
A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be.
So bring your talent,
Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity,
And together, we’ll Bravely Create.
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com and hangar13games.com accounts.