Who we are:
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets. We are proud to publish and support many of today’s most critically acclaimed gaming franchises, including NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Borderlands, BioShock, XCOM and Sid Meier’s Civilization.
The Production team at 2K is looking for a self-motivated, highly organized Producer that possesses strong leadership and team-building skills. A Producer is a leader, above all else… capable of taking charge of a project (or external team) and unifying the project or group effectively towards a specific set of goals. This role requires the simultaneous management of multiple products. The Producer is ultimately responsible and accountable for shipping products on-time and to a high degree of quality.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously at different stages of development from concept to completion.
- Oversee, manage, and liaise with internal and external resources to meet production schedules and maintain a coherent creative vision throughout the entire development life cycle.
- Establish development priorities and milestones on a per project basis.
- Develop product budgets and schedules and manage forecasts of the budget, anticipating, identifying, and resolving overruns.
- Ensure adherence to schedules and budgets through enforcement of milestone approval or disapproval as per established contracts.
- Manage the testing process with QA teams.
- Establish, maintain, and enhance relationships with inside and outside creative resources.
- Manage and act to prevent potential conflicts between internal and external expectations for projects.
- Assist with coordinating game release process with internal groups.
- Assist with identifying key product to acquire or license to support the company business goals.
- Travel, both domestic and international, may be required.
- Direct management of Associate Producer(s) may be required.
- Coordinate with third parties (external developers, platform holders, and marketing partners) to ensure the game is adequately supported from concept through gold master.
- Coordinate with marketing to ensure synergy between Product Development, Developer and Marketing
- Assist in the creation of business contracts on behalf of the company.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 3-5+ years of experience in internal or external game development
- Experience shipping titles on Console and PC platforms and thorough knowledge of those platforms
- Experience with AAA products preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), time and project management skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Jira
- Demonstrated ability to manage and communicate with all development and publishing disciplines.
- Experience building and managing relationships with vendors and other external resources.
- Experience with scheduling tools a must
- Experience managing conflict.
- Experience managing and creating complex budgets and personnel plans.
- Experience managing, mitigating, and resolving risks.
- Understanding of various production processes and methodologies
- Expected to identify and then take ownership of any responsibilities that lie within the scope of project components being managed and are not currently assigned.
- Ability to conduct themselves in a professional manner with all co-workers on all levels of the organization.
- Must display resourcefulness, enthusiasm, and self-motivation.
- Quick learner, able to pick up new tools and learn new processes quickly.
- Flexibility to take on additional responsibilities, as assigned by senior management.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Adept at building relationships throughout the organization
- Ability to self-prioritize effectively, to ensure key items are delivered to meet immediate project needs.
- Must be able to effectively communicate risks and obstacles both to managed team members, as well as to upper management.
- Ability to manage to and deliver on hard product deadlines with rapid development cycles while being the guardian over product quality.
- Proven and established negotiation skills
- Strong industry understanding and knowledge (both historically and forward looking)
- Skilled in all phases of game development from concept to completion
- Ability to inspire and motivate those that work for them and those they work around.
- Confident public speaker, particularly able to handle press interviews, executive review meetings, etc.
- The ability to multi-task in order to handle a very large number of discrete tasks at once, without losing focus on any individual item.
- Highly organized and self-directed, and capable of instilling that characteristic in others.
What We Offer You:
- Great Company Culture. We pride ourselves as being one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth: As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Play Hard. Our employees’ bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, our onsite Gym, company parties, our Office bar, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits. Benefits include, but are not limited to Private healthcare with Bupa, Private dental with Bupa, A double matching pension policy where the employer will double match up to a 4% contribution from the employee, Employee stock purchase scheme with a 15% discount, Eye tests and vouchers towards glasses, Cycle to work scheme, Flu vouchers, Annual health checks with Bupa, 4X death in service insurance, Income protection (60% salary), 25 days holiday, + other great perks and great office facilities!
- Perks. Gym reimbursement up to £50 per month, an onsite Gym, an Office bar, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries, a dog friendly workplace and the ability to earn £350+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment. The 2K label has some of the most talented development studios in the world today, including Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, 2K Marin, 2K Czech, Hangar 13, Cat Daddy Games and 2K China. 2K’s stable of high-quality titles includes the critically acclaimed BioShock®, Borderlands™ and XCOM® franchises, the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization series, the popular WWE 2K franchise and NBA 2K, the #1 rated and #1 selling basketball franchise. 2K is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO). For more information, please visit www.2k.com
2K is an equal opportunities employer and as such will endeavor to provide reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process where required. We invite candidates to notify us should they wish to discuss any reasonable adjustments.