Who We Are:
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices and personal computers including smartphones and tablets. 2K is a leading publisher of today’s most popular gaming genres and most well-known for critically acclaimed game franchises like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Bioshock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization.
What We Need:
We are seeking a Video Creator/Videographer/Editor, to work alongside Ronnie 2K in developing high-quality assets and social content across a variety of mediums for NBA 2K. The ideal candidate possesses excellent video shooting, editing and motion graphics skills. The candidate must also be passionate about and experienced with NBA 2K. This is a 12 month, full-time position to work on-site at our facilities in Novato, CA.
What You Will Do:
You will work in collaboration with Ronnie 2K and the NBA 2K Producer to perform various content executions, including but not limited to:
- Video Shooting & Editing: Social content (still & video), BTS content from a variety of NBA/NBA 2K events, sizzle videos, interviews, and more
- Content Ideation & Creation: Work hand-in-hand with Ronnie and the NBA 2K team to develop and pitch content series, ideas, and executions
- Motion Graphics: Animated slates, motion/camera tracking, typography, etc.
- Post-Production: Color grading, sound design and mixing, encoding, mastering, archiving, etc.
- Live Production: Onsite camera operation, sound capture, set dressing/background design, etc.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- 3-5 years of experience in content creation, shooting and editing related positions
- Must be willing to provide an online demo reel showcasing previous work upon applying
- Must be willing to travel – you will accompany Ronnie for variety of work-related trips and events
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and overtime when necessary
- Confident public speaker, particularly able to handle press, talent, and executive meetings
- Excellent multi-tasking and self-management skills – are able to take direction and constructive feedback
- Highly creative, detail-oriented and deadline driven
- Highly organized and self-directed, and capable of instilling that characteristic in others
- NBA and NBA 2K proficiency, with Gaming experience a plus
- Fast learner, able to quickly learn 2K proprietary software and best practices
Additional Skills Required:
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Premiere CC in conjunction with other Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder, etc.)
- Adobe After Effects compositing skills: rotoscoping, typography, animation, motion/camera tracking, and keying, etc.
- Fundamental experience with sound design and audio mixing + color correction and color grading
- Strong PC and Mac general computing skills
** Please include a cover letter indicating your level of experience/knowledge/passion for NBA 2K**