NARRATIVE DIRECTOR – FIRAXIS GAMES
Firaxis Games is looking for a talented Narrative Director for a brand new exciting AAA Title. This is an opportunity to join an established team behind some of the industry’s most beloved franchises such as the XCOM and the Civilization series and work on an original IP.
What is the role?
We are looking for someone to own and execute the Narrative of an upcoming unannounced title. You will work closely with the Creative Director and Studio Narrative Director to help create and define an engaging adventure with an ensemble cast of characters. Working with a small team across multiple locations you will drive the execution of a strong narrative vision. As part of Firaxis’ growing Narrative Team you will help ensure that the highest quality standards of storytelling are met across the entire studio.
We are looking for someone who:
- Loves storytelling. Particularly story telling in games.
- Can effectively direct a team of writers, both internal and external across multiple locations.
- Has shipped at least two AAA titles in a credited Lead or Director role.
- Is a great writer in their own right. Equally great at motivating other writers and providing actionable feedback.
- Is experienced in writing cinematics as well as in-game content (including branching).
- Is experienced using in-game tools and can help drive their development.
- Can represent the story of the game both internally as well as to external partners.
- Has a sense of visual storytelling. Can work with the Cinematic Director as well as writers, designers, and animators to help block-out, build, and finalize scenes.
- Strong writing skills, particularly dialog.
- A master of multiple tones and genres.
- Mastery of story structure and pacing across media.
- Strong communication skills – able to collaborate with multiple disciplines effectively.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Creative problem solving.
Nice to haves:
- Experience working across multiple locations simultaneously.
- A Proficiency in Unreal and/or other game engines.
- Voice or live action Directing experience