Who We Are:
2K Games Dublin is a hub passionate about performance marketing, commercial strategy, data engineering and data science/analytics and is part of the 2K Games group of companies. We develop and publish interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets. 2K is a leading publisher of today’s most popular gaming genres and most well-known for critically acclaimed game franchises like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, BioShock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization.
What We Need:
We are looking for skilled and hardworking Data Scientists to work in our growing central Game Science team. You are passionate about console/PC games and will be responsible for crunching data, building models, and extracting insights. Model outputs are used in a production environment to power live-ops (in-game monetization) and marketing (in-game, in-console, and direct). Insights are used by leadership to own the business and improve the product. Our games are played by millions every day, and in-game monetization is part of the Analytics group, so our team has a very rich dataset to play with, and a direct path to implementing our outputs.
What You Will Do:
- Analyse player gameplay and economy telemetry data to understand player behaviour and suggest actions to improve the player experience.
- Build in-game measurement and experimentation methodologies.
- Work closely with the Game Applied AI team to understand deeply the performance of production Matchmaking, Promotions and Communications, Antifraud/toxicity, and Content Recommendations models.
- Test acquisition, engagement, marketing, communication and monetization strategies to improve performance.
- Collaborate with the development teams to provide insights into game quality, difficulty, and fun!
- Establish and distribute regular performance reports based on detailed telemetry and sophisticated models (other teams do basic business reporting / BI).
- Present analysis findings in writing and via presentation (including for remote groups).
What Skills Are Needed:
The ideal candidate will be able to see the underlying story in the data, build sophisticated or simple models depending on the situation, and develop a compelling communication to executives. We’re looking for a solution oriented and creative problem solver; a self-starter with the passion and enthusiasm to get results for meaningful change is essential for this role.
- MSc or PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, Sciences (or in another quantitative subject area).
- 2+ years of experience data mining & analytics, building models with large, sophisticated and multi-dimensional data sets.
- Experience with predictive modelling techniques and accomplished in use of R or Python machine learning and related modules.
- Experience in relational databases, SQL data carpentry. Experience with big data technologies such as Spark or NoSQL DBs a plus. We use Snowflake for our data warehouse.
- Video games experience and/or gaming familiarity is very helpful, an ability to partner optimally with partner teams and companies (development studios) is required.
- Demonstrated communication, facilitation, and collaboration skills to successfully present, explain, influence, and advise within cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, rapidly prototyping and testing new insights with little supervision. Solve problems, meet deadlines, and build whatever is vital along the way.
- Experience understanding the strengths and weaknesses of different modelling approaches and can effectively reason about when to apply different combinations and iterate.
- Technically not a "skill", but, you are comfortable with working hours 10am-6:30pm enabling greater connection with our US HQ.