Manager - Finance – The individual will formulate the Annual Operation Budget by reviewing, analyzing, and making recommendations on budget requests for various assigned business areas under 2K Games (Studios/Publishing areas). This candidate will be a strategic thinker, highly analytical, creative, and have a demonstrated ability to effectively manage financial responsibilities and decision making in a rapidly evolving business. This role requires a self-starter with strong modeling skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects effectively. This role also has regular interaction with senior executives, various business units, and multiple stakeholders across 2K/T2 and requires strong interpersonal and communication skills. The Manager will report to a Sr. Dir/Director Finance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Own preparation process of Annual Operating Budget and long-range project/by-title P&L planning which include partnership with various studio leaderships, business stakeholders to collect and gather operating and project assumptions
- Prepare, report, monitor and manage key financial and non-financial performance indicators including: P&L, key performance metrics, cost allocations, and product development pipeline
- Support and work closely with global Marketing teams to ensure that business performance is clear and the drivers of performance are understood, including promotion trends, brand/ customer profitability and external competitor analysis.
- Develop financial analysis that challenges & evaluates all marketing investment decisions and contribute to product roll out strategies.
- Collaboration with following stakeholders: internal finance team; functional teams for developing forecasts and budgets; accounting team for close process, financial analysis and decision support for business
- Updates to monthly forecasts and quarterly Product Investment Review Process (PIRP) use of historical and statistical methods, product development assumptions updates while incorporating variance analysis (actual v. budget and forecast)
- Act as key advisory to the business owners in actively managing assigned P&L or business areas (i.e. Sales/Commercial/Marketing spend analytics, Product/Development Costs management or General and Selling expenditures cost management) under guidance leadership of Directors/Vice President
- Recommend courses of action to help achieve financial goals or targets, participate in financial scenarios buildings
- Monitor budget request from numerous departments and provide variance explanations and business insights to the stakeholders in concise manner
- Prepares ad-hoc reports, special projects, and presentations for various internal stakeholders
- Work with the Finance and Business teams to set up new processes and procedures, and opportunities for operational improvement
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field; (MBA is a plus)
- Minimum 6 - 8 years experience in finance
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel & Power Point is required
- Excellent communication skills to interface with a diverse set of stakeholders in a global environment (including Finance team members and functional leaders); ability to summarize analyses and recommendations and present to leadership.
- "Can-do" attitude with a desire to learn
- Organizational savvy to handle multiple business priorities simultaneously and prioritize and complete work within stringent deadlines
- General accounting knowledge preferred
- Proactive approach to problem solving including analytical and information system skills
- Detail oriented, with high level of ethics and integrity