Senior Character Artist
Firaxis Games is looking for an exceptionally skilled Senior 3D Character Artist to work with one of our upcoming project teams. As a Senior Character Artist, you will be working closely with the Lead Character Artist and Project Art Director to create high quality characters that match the look and feel of the game. The ideal candidate must have a solid grasp of modeling and texturing both organic and hard surfaced assets, as well as an excellent working knowledge of the tools and skills listed below. We’re looking for a self-motivated, positive team-player who shares our passion for making great games!
- You will be expected to create the highest quality 3D models, both hard surface and organic, that adhere to the project’s vision.
- Collaborate closely with the engineering and art teams to create beautiful and believable assets without sacrificing performance, readability and game play.
- Help establish pipelines for creating real time 3D assets.
- Consistently set a high bar for the modeling team for quality and pace.
- A minimum of 4 years' experience in game development modeling and texturing characters using ZBrush, Maya, and Substance Painter (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs).
- At least two shipped products as a modeler.
- A solid understanding of form, silhouette, anatomy, and color.
- A strong portfolio showcasing in-game characters.
- Solid understanding of texturing, material creation, and physically based rendering (PBR) workflows.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and the ability to develop or optimize new or existing pipelines.
- Exceptional communications skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to mentor others in the department.
- Experience as a lead character artist is a plus.
- Experience with character customization systems is a plus.
- Strong creature creation experience or focus is a plus.
- Experience with next generation hair creation (such as Fibermesh or Xgen) a plus.
- Unreal Engine experience is a plus.
- Must have current U.S. work authorization.
- Relocation assistance provided
- Flexible work hours
- Family friendly work environment
- And more!
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com and Firaxis.com accounts.