Are you interested in the gaming industry and how games are brought to life? Are you looking to learn from one of the most exciting teams in gaming? Are you intrigued by the opportunity to help shape strategy and player experiences for some of the world’s most beloved gaming franchises? If so, this may be the internship for you!
WHO WE ARE:
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets. We are proud to publish and support many of today’s most critically acclaimed gaming franchises, including NBA 2K, PGA 2K, Borderlands, Sid Meier’s Civilization, BioShock, XCOM, WWE 2K and more. The mission of the Live Services team is to understand players and help develop compelling gaming experiences that drive ongoing player engagement.
WHAT WE NEED:
The Live Services Intern is a member of the 2K Growth team and participates in building player engagement & live services strategy and execution to meet the needs of players and studios worldwide. You will work with and learn about video game development, production, marketing, Live Services, and more. In this role, you will deliver 1-2 key projects that inform strategies and/or identify impactful opportunities to improve player experiences.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Strategic Planning & Execution – Build a player-centric Live Service vision, objective, and roadmap in close partnership with partner teams (studios, production, marketing, and more). This could include:
- Player segmentation & lifecycle strategy
- In-game Stores & Content (volume, mix, release cadence, pricing, etc.)
- Limited Time Game Modes & Events
- Post-launch Progression Systems (Seasons, Battle Passes, Objectives, Challenges, etc.)
- Player Onboarding & Education Systems (both in- and out-of-game)
- Personalized / targeted content systems (messages, gifts, offers, etc.)
- Identify 2-3 key opportunities to influence or inform game development decisions with market intelligence and/or competitive research
- Develop a live service feature, event or content test proposal for an active 2K title, outlining core goals, requirements, deliverables, timelines and key stakeholders
WHO WE THINK WILL BE A GREAT FIT:
The ideal candidate is passionate about understanding ‘WHY’ and ‘So What’. Successful candidates are often self-starters that are comfortable with a degree of ambiguity. You enjoy structuring problems, working collaboratively to understand the needs of different groups, and making informed recommendations based on research & analysis.
- Enrolled in either a college or university at time of the internship
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and strategic thinking skills
- Works independently, manages multiple priorities and tight timelines
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a complex, creative, and fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and able to work collaboratively across numerous internal and external teams
- Ability to communicate insights using PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Passion for games and interest in learning about player behaviors
- SQL / Tableau skills a plus, but not required