Who We Are:
Founded in 2005, 2K publishes some of the most popular video games in the world, including Borderlands, NBA 2K, Sid Meier’s Civilization, BioShock, Mafia, WWE 2K, XCOM and PGA.
2K has experienced phenomenal growth these past few years and its exciting growth has made it one of the leading game publishers in the world. If you have experience thriving at a company growing quickly and transitioning to meet ambitious goals, please read on!
Reporting to the EMEA Marketing Lead, the Director, Marketing & Communications (Territory) is a pivotal role within the EMEA/ANZ business. The primary responsibility of the role is to forge close working partnerships with the Take 2 and 2K Commercial teams, 2K Analytics teams, Global Strategy teams and the 2K Global Go To Market and Cross-Functional teams in order to lead the local territory team to deliver upon the overall business goals set for each product in that territory.
It requires a level of player/coach responsibility with the need to get involved with local tactical execution, as required, alongside overall day to day management of the local team.
As such the role demands a strong leader who is able to communicate and collaborate effectively across a complex matrix organisation, has proven credentials in a commercial and data-driven organisation, plus strong leadership skills in order to guide the local territory team to deliver against the company goals.
- Responsible for the overall planning, development, and execution of all 2K’s Marketing, PR, Influencer and Social/Community activities throughout local markets.
- Leading and motivating the local team to execute effective integrated go to market campaigns that deliver upon the global marketing strategies for all 2K titles ensuring that sales and other revenue streams are maximised both physically (disc) and digitally (download)
- Deliver strong direction and leadership to a diverse team of individuals, across a variety of marketing functions.
- Develop and retain the best talent to build a culture of effective teamwork & continuous improvement.
- Be an agent of change taking a lead to continually drive optimisation and innovation that identifies ways to meet or exceed the business targets in the most efficient and effective way.
Go To Market Marketing
- Ensure all local Go To Market campaigns are aligned with and deliver upon the Global Marketing Strategy and business goals. Be the local champion for territory and consumer needs to ensure the global marketing strategy and marketing assets are relevant.
- Where identified build business cases with supporting rationale to support local marketing programs.
- Work alongside the Take 2 & 2K commercial teams fostering a collaborative and proactive approach to deliver go to market campaigns that will drive overall sales, revenue streams and profit targets.
- The role requires an individual who is numerate, has the ability to analyse commercial information, pre-orders, sales forecasts, pricing/promotional activity, retail market trends and then leverage that information & ROI analysis to deliver against commercial goals.
Budget & Forecasting
- Responsible for local territory marketing budget ensuring all Go To Market campaigns are forecast accurately, and fall within set budgets. Where required collaborate with the EMEA marketing lead to help support the annual, quarterly and monthly financial planning process. Monitor and track all T&E ensuring expenditure falls within annually agreed levels.
- Be the local lead point of contact for all First party, Licensor (WWE, NBA etc.) and other key partners. Ensure any global or regional partnerships are maximised within set contractual parameters, and any reporting/invoicing is tracked and delivered as required, and on time.
- Champion and ensure local team familiarity and regular usage of all relevant marketing tools:- Datorama, Anaplan, Tableau, G Suite, etc.
Who We Believe Will Be a Great Fit:
- A Director of Marketing and Communications with experience in managing a team whilst planning, developing, and executing agreed Marketing, PR, Influencer and Social/Community activities throughout local markets.
- Through strong leadership, experienced in developing and retaining the best talent to create a culture of effective teamwork & continuous improvement.
- Proven ability in ensuring Go To Market campaigns are aligned with and deliver upon the Global Marketing Strategy and business goals.
- Existing experience of working alongside various commercial teams, encouraging a collaborative and proactive approach to deliver go to market campaigns that will drive overall sales, revenue streams and profit targets.
- Experienced in budgeting and forecasting, ensuring campaigns are forecasted accurately and fall within set budgets.
- Confident as a local lead point for all First party, Licensor, and other key partners.
- An excellent communicator, with the ability to prioritise within a fast-paced environment.
What We Offer You:
- Great Company Culture. We pride ourselves as being one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth: As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Play Hard. Our employees’ bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, our onsite Gym, company parties, our Office bar, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits. Benefits include, but are not limited to Private healthcare with Bupa, Private dental with Bupa, A double matching pension policy where the employer will double match up to a 4% contribution from the employee, Employee stock purchase scheme with a 15% discount, Eye tests and vouchers towards glasses, Cycle to work scheme, Flu vouchers, Annual health checks with Bupa, 4X death in service insurance, Income protection (60% salary), 25 days holiday, + other great perks and great office facilities!
- Perks. Gym reimbursement up to £50 per month, an onsite Gym, an Office bar, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries, a dog friendly workplace and the ability to earn £350+ per year for taking care of yourself and more...
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment. 2K is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO). For more information, please visit www.2k.com
2K is an equal opportunities employer and as such will endeavor to provide reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process where required. We invite candidates to notify us should they wish to discuss any reasonable adjustments.