Who We Are:
The NBA TechArt team is a diverse group of talented Technical Artists that perform a wide variety of tasks. We write and maintain tools for the art department, rig the characters, props, and clothing, and do a lot of problem solving.
A pioneer in video games across multiple generations and the creator of some of the top-rated video game franchises including 2K Sports and the NBA 2K series, Visual Concepts is widely regarded as one of the world's top studios. A subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (TTWO), Visual Concepts continues to innovate in gameplay, creativity and technology. With studios around the globe Visual Concepts has a culture of excellence and passion for building amazing products year after year, and offers top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
The Novato team is looking for an experienced pipeline oriented technical developer to write tools and support all portions of our art team.
What You Will Do:
- Hands on scripting and technical tools pipeline development to refine and improve our workflow.
- Develop efficiencies between our artist publishing tools, asset databases, and our version control backend.
- Continually build and troubleshoot the artist data (e.g. assets, props, textures, materials, characters, etc.) and the pipeline that produces it.
- Collaborate with a team of other technical artists, support art teams directly, and interface with engineers.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- We're looking for someone experienced in writing tools, scripts, and pipeline development, ideally for games or vfx.
- You exhibit a mastery with Python and have a working knowledge of Maya or other 3d content creation application.
- You have a general knowledge of the 3d content creation process and pipeline.
Nice To Have:
- Experience with some of the following
- Writing tools that work with Perforce or other version control software
- Setting up or maintaining Deadline on a render farm
- Setting up or maintaining Shotgun Desktop and the Shotgun Tank API
- Substance Painter, Substance Designer, and Substance Automation
- Managing relational databases (SQL or NoSQL) through their Python API
Please note that Visual Concepts Entertainment and 2K Games never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing, only use VCentertainment.com and 2K.com accounts.