Who We Are:
2K publishes some of the most popular video & mobile game franchises on the planet including Borderlands, BioShock, NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Evolve, XCOM, and Sid Meier’s Civilization.
What We Need:
2K is looking for an experienced community manager – someone that has worked on high-profile consumer product marketing campaigns and has the know-how to make an impact on 2K’s biggest franchises. As an individual contributor within a multidisciplinary team, you will create and execute community marketing strategies for 2K’s FTP titles, managing their growing player communities. You’ll develop and maintain relationships with key community advocates and influencers, grow the franchise followings, and engage with mobile game consumers online & through various social media channels.
What You Will Do:
- In close collaboration with various teams create and execute impactful community management strategies for 2K’s most beloved titles
- Schedule content and maintain social media calendar
- Foster, grow, and manage our community outreach, developing the ground floor relationships with our customers to create fans for life
- Cultivate and maintain relationships within the player communities online
- Partner with 2K’s Digital Marketing and Social Media strategists to maximize social media reach and influence with our community members
- Regular reporting to the wider organization on current community trends, sentiment, and channel performance; use data to inform recommendations for ongoing community outreach initiatives, messaging, and promotions to both existing and prospective customers
- Act on behalf of our players and bring their voice into studio team discussions and meetings; ensure consumer sentiment, desires, and needs are understood and met through ongoing promotional support and the development of our products
- Work with the Customer Service team to help manage challenging situations quickly and effectively
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
If you’re an outgoing, self-motivated, and experienced communications professional, you might be the right fit as a Community Manager for 2K’s multidisciplinary team. You have an interest in and experience being a key contributor to user engagement campaigns and will thrive on working autonomously on your portion of the broader company plan. Ideally, you will write well, present well, and have demonstrable client-service experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, English, or a related field
- Minimum of three years of community management experience, preferably for a major consumer product brand (Free to Play games are a plus!)
- Have created and executed community-focused marketing campaigns specifically designed to foster, grow and promote the loyalty and passion of your project’s community
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a portfolio of published professional work; ideally in a variety of mediums including long-form and social media
- Experience and practical knowledge of all major social media platforms and supporting applications
- A self-starter with proven ability to work both in a team setting, as well as independently to drive campaign efforts as needed
- Solid understanding of mobile games with a passion for Free to Play; Preferably with knowledge of 2K’s franchises, Passionate about gaming, be able to speak gamer-lingo
Remote or Novato, CA