Who We Are:
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices, and personal computers, including mobile devices. 2K is a leading publisher of today's most popular gaming genres and most well-known for critically acclaimed game franchises like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, BioShock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM, and the beloved Sid Meier's Civilization.
What We Need:
The Senior Director of Talent Management and Organization Development will lead, develop, implement, and embed organizational development and talent management processes and practices for 2K. You will design and implement initiatives to build organizational capabilities that enable the business strategy. This will be a hands-on role, so the ability to think strategically combined with building and executing is critical.
Working closely with the senior business leaders and global HR Business Partners, you will provide expertise in change management, performance management, team development, organization design, cultural change, team member engagement, and talent management. Talent Management consists of needs assessment, retention, development, coaching, and succession planning. This role will be part of the 2K People Leadership team and report directly to 2K's Head of People.
What You Will Do:
- Design and embed initiatives to accelerate organization and team performance.
- Design and drive an integrated Talent Management strategy, including needs identification, selection and assessment, executive and leadership development, and succession planning.
- Working with HRBPs to create development plans and programs that build leadership capability, identifying business-critical positions, and team development.
- Develop an organization-wide development strategy that encompasses the front line to executive-level employees. Deploy learning and development resources as appropriate to deliver the development strategy. Establish metrics for the learning and development strategy.
- Lead engagement surveys and drive participation rates, analyzing and communicating the company level results and using the insights as input into the people and culture priorities to sustain high levels of engagement
- Improve and guide the performance management cycle, ensuring high performers are identified and rewarded, low performance is corrected.
- Develop and lead an effective on-boarding process, ensuring a holistic experience that enables new employees to be productive and engaged from day 1.
- Leverage data & analytics to influence decisions and evaluate the effectiveness and impact of talent management, and development programs
- Manage vendors and service providers and monitor performance during delivery to ensure quality and optimum value
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
- A transformation and change agent with experience in a high growth industry and company.
- You will build relationships and can influence while enabling work.
- You will need to validate the existing culture before attempting to change, someone who is willing to ask questions and learn vs. telling and doing.
- Ability to identify and prioritize work
- You are strategic and hands-on, love to build and implement.
- Comprehensive knowledge and application of organizational development tools and practices change management tools and methods, and talent management principles and processes.
- Practical experience providing formal/informal executive coaching and development in all areas of leadership.
- Business acumen, knowledge, professionalism; know all aspects of how a business operates, develop, and articulate the value proposition of a new strategy, process, or program.
- Excellent strategic planning and operational deployment skills, the ability to integrate and align strategy, people, and activities across functions, processes, and teams. Able to translate vision and strategy into clear, actionable goals.
- Well-built project planning and management skills
- Pragmatic loves a good challenge and solving problems.
- 10+ years Organization Development/Effectiveness/Talent experience in a medium, fast-paced, changing, global company with a demonstrated history of success in leading change and achieving results.