At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, Austin, San Jose, Vancouver and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
We have big plans for the next generation of visual realism at 60 fps. If you are an experienced graphics software engineer who is smart and passionate, can design, develop and maintain C / C++ code and HLSL shaders; has a strong math background, and are driven by the pursuit of excellence, we would like to hear from you!
As a Graphics Software Engineer, you will work with engineers, and lighting, tech and character artists to develop realtime rendering systems, shaders and techniques that will shape the look of the next WWE2K game. From advanced features for realistic human characters, to visual effects, lighting, performance and UI, you’ll play a part in all aspects of the rendered image in the final game.
WWE2K is an exciting and challenging game with a diverse set of features and requirements. You will grow and develop in many different areas, learning from a highly skilled team while working on cutting-edge technology. We are open to candidates who consider themselves client-side developers, backend developers, or full-stack developers. A list of qualifications is provided below, but please do not hesitate to apply if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications.
What You Will Do:
- Develop shaders and techniques to advance the visual quality of in-game characters
- Invent techniques to preview and troubleshoot the visual look of player-created characters
- Pioneer new techniques to leverage advanced features of Gen 9 (PS5, Xbox Series X) consoles
- Drive visual improvements to VFX, lighting, and post-processing graphics features
- Participate in system-wide upgrade initiatives to keep our rendering tech cutting-edge
- 2+ years’ experience as a Software Engineer, designing and writing realtime graphics code
- At least one shipped AAA game, or equivalent experience from the graphics technology industry
- Experience with HLSL / GLSL shader development
- Understanding of 3D graphics, associated math, rendering algorithms
- Understanding of realtime graphics performance techniques, trade-offs and optimizations
- Proficient in C / C++
- Experience with realistic human/character rendering techniques
- Integration of simulations for cloth and/or hair
- Familiarity with sports entertainment and the WWE
- Problem solver, innovator, pioneer
Please note that Visual Concepts Entertainment and 2K Games never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing, only use VCentertainment.com and 2K.com accounts.