UI/UX Lead job description:
At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Can you perceive the hidden meaning in every design choice? From layout to typography, shape, color, visual language and iconography, do you prize flow, elegance, clarity, consistency and intuitive design? When it comes to UX, are you never quite finished streamlining, polishing, and improving useability? If you’re passionate about creating great user experiences, with beautiful art and design that seems to anticipate the player’s next move, we have a role that might interest you.
We’re looking for a UI/UX Lead to help shape the UI, wrapper, player status and overall presentation of the next installment of the WWE2K franchise. You’ll work with a large and talented team to design flows and wireframes, develop a consistent visual language, and implement a striking and intuitive user experience across every mode of the game, from in-ring wrestling, to story modes, simulations, and a spectacular variety of user content creation tools. Across the entire AAA experience, you’ll own it all.
WWE2K is an exciting and challenging game with a diverse set of features and requirements. You will grow and develop in many different areas, learning from a highly skilled team while working on cutting-edge technology. We are committed to building the most diverse team possible, so while a list of qualifications is provided below, please do not hesitate to apply if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications.
What You’ll Do:
- With your team, and inspired by WWE branding, develop the overall graphic design of WWE2K
- Establish the visual style, response, and visual flow for WWE2K’s UI
- Work across functions to develop the full scope of game needs
- Create wireframes, provide feedback, and propose improved UX/flows
- Create and provide feedback for mockups, ensuring stylistic consistency and strong UX fundamentals
- Catalog, assign and track UI screens and accompanying 2D assets and animations in Shotgun
- Direct creation of UI assets for consistency and ease of implementation
- Establish best practices and shared literacy for organization, screen, and component construction
- Foster and lead UI team members to work collaboratively, communicate well, and inspire each other
- Anticipate challenges; build relationships with Tools and UI engineers to improve functionality
- Be strategic. Be resourceful. Maximize your impact. Play the game.
- 7+ years of video game experience in a UI/UX role, 2 years in a leadership position
- Experience on multi-sku, multi-resolution console and PC projects
- Experience with Photoshop, 3D packages, Illustrator, game engine and UI tooling
- Strong understanding of UI/UX conventions
- Strong leadership, coordination, alignment-building, development process
- Ability to create high-quality work in a fast-paced environment and able to incorporate feedback from multiple stakeholders from multiple teams
- Organized, excellent communication skills, passion for games, collaborative demeanor
- Attention to detail and completeness, ability to see around corners, anticipate issues
- Portfolio of UI/UX work
- VFX and animation literacy and experience
- Experience working in 3D with motion including Maya, Cinema 4D, Element 3D, or other industry standard software
- Knowledge of the WWE brand and style