We are looking for a talented animator with extensive experience developing keyframe animations (ideally creatures) as well as working with motion capture animations.
What You Will Do:
- Creating keyframe creature animations, in order to realize characters and test rig design
- Assist rig development by working with the animation TD and creature designer to inform structure and mechanics of the rig
- Planning, directing, and processing motion capture for human characters
- Work with designers, programmers, and artists to deliver content that fits their vision and constraints
- Implement animations in-game with proprietary animation software, test and debug gameplay animations
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- A passionate animator excited to help create a game filled with unique creatures and characters.
- Degree in Computer Animation or related experience.
- 3+ years’ experience working with keyframe animation in games or film.
- Experience with motion capture, directing shoots and processing data.
- 1 Shipped AAA game.
- Expert knowledge of Maya or Motionbuilder
- Strong creative and technical problem solving skills.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate across multiple locations effectively
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia franchise. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!
Located just 30 minutes north of San Francisco and 30 minutes south of Napa Valley wine country, Hangar 13’s Novato location has found its home within 2K’s headquarters in Northern California. Situated in Hamilton Landing inside a renovated United States Air Force base hangar, you will find our talented and passionate team within invigorating Marin County. You can walk out the door and explore famous hiking and mountain biking trails as well as the gorgeous coastline. In addition to working in an exceptional setting conducive to Hangar 13’s inclusive and creatively diverse work environment, the Bay Area also provides employees with access to vibrant nightlife, world-class cuisine, local farmers markets, great public schools, and cultural metropolitan experiences. Onsite amenities include fully equipped break areas, company sponsored food trucks and raffle prizes, new state of the art gym, subsidized fitness classes and massage therapy, electric car charging stations and much more! We are only 5 minutes off of highway 101 and a 15-minute walk from the nearest SMART station.