Who We Are:
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets. 2K is a leading publisher of today’s most popular gaming genres and most well-known for critically acclaimed game franchises like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Bioshock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization.
About the Team: Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
The 2K Site Reliability team is responsible for the operations and infrastructure of all consumer facing production systems and developer facing production-development systems under the 2K label, including NBA2K game services, customer facing account services and websites. This team manages systems and services spanning multiple datacenters both terrestrial and cloud based.
What We Need:
We are looking for a lead engineer up to a Principal level who will support both our production and production-dev environments. Robust systems and communications skills are required as you design solutions for a multi-datacenter environment and provide technical leadership and guidance to a group of top-notch engineers.
In this role you will collaborate with network engineers, systems architects and development staff to support our gamers and the needs of the business.
What You Will Do:
- Architect and operate highly resilient systems in a multi-datacenter global environment serving game and consumer services.
- Develop tools for the management and automation of the systems and service infrastructure
- Define and implement standards that will impact systems, services and multiple software environments
- Provide subject matter expertise to internal customers on the full breadth of the development lifecycle
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues from both internal and external customers
- Participate in 24x7 on call support for our products
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
You are willing to work in a fast-paced and cutting-edge environment with other highly skilled professionals, and anxious to grow and develop skills that will help make 2K the best gaming company in the world.
- Fluent with at least one or more of Python, Ruby or Perl and a good understanding of code management
- Experience architecting and maintaining large scale distributed datacenter infrastructure that span terrestrial and cloud datacenters
- Experience with LAN routing protocols, configuring network equipment and the ability to parse network traces
- Hands-on expertise in data center management (power, airflow, cabling) and an understanding of signal flows
- Has architected microservices using virtualization or containerization.
- Familiarity with Git and Perforce
- Experience with developing software for highly scalable/distributed systems
- Understanding of encryption protocols, authentication and intrusion detection
- A background of building CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins, TeamCity, or Spinnaker
- Skillful at writing complex SQL queries and optimizing queries and indexes.