JOB TITLE: Senior Graphics/Rendering Engineer
LOCATION: Brno or Prague, Czech Republic
REPORTS TO: Lead Render Engineer
What We Need:
Hangar 13 is looking for a seasoned graphics programmer who enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment and is looking to push the boundaries of cutting edge 3D graphics. Research, develop, implement, and debug high-end and photorealistic graphics techniques applicable to characters and large-scale environments.
What You Will Do:
- Design and write code that fulfills the functional, graphical and technical requirements of the project
- Provide the Lead Programmer with feedback regarding the time allotted to assigned tasks
- Assist the artists with the creation of cutting edge environments and effects within technical requirements
- Work with proprietary existing software technology and build new technology in order to fulfill the project’s technical requirements
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 5+ years of programming experience on graphics programming
- Experience developing for games; preferably: action, FPS or 3PS titles
- Shipped one or more AAA game titles
- Expert knowledge of real time rendering techniques in relation to lighting and visual effects
- Experience with multi-processor programming
- Experience developing for game consoles
- Experience working on multi-platform software projects
- Expertise in C / C++
- Thorough understanding of 3D math
- Commitment to code quality, documentation and sound testing procedures
- Ability to research, analyze and optimize code to meet performance requirements
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under reasonable deadlines
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia III. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
Located in the heart of Europe, with its enchanting historical centre and magic energy, Prague is one of the world's most stunning cities. The Hangar 13 office is based in the city centre, just a few minutes from the Old Town and its famous astronomical clock. Cultural events, vibrant nightlife, sports and leisure time activities, beautiful nature – all just a few steps away.