At Yohana, we’re finding new ways for technology and design to lighten our loads, reclaim our time, and improve our well-being. We want it all. A career and home. Family and friends. Health and wellness. But actually having it all can leave us feeling overloaded. And research shows it. 43% of people struggle with decision-making. 66% say overload affects their work, and 62%, their interpersonal relationships.
Technology was supposed to help by making us more efficient. But the faster we get things done, the more we take on, and our well-being falls to the bottom of the list. Yohana is on a mission to make balance a priority – and do it joyfully.
It’s a meaningful product challenge: helping society reclaim time and make space for joy through technology and design. That’s what the team at Yohana is solving for every day, and we have a lot of fun doing it. With leadership from big tech like Google, Apple, Microsoft, and hypergrowth startups like Nest, Waymo, TaskRabbit, and Casper, we’re motivated to make the world a happier place. Join us!
Yohana is a wholly owned subsidiary of Panasonic Inc. Our unique positioning as a start-up within a global Consumer Electronics and Services company makes this opportunity one that is rich with world-class capability and game-changing possibilities.
About The Role:
We are looking for a Sales & Business Development Lead who will be responsible for building strong revenue generating customer relationships to bring forth exceptional consumer services, products, rewards, and experiences to yield increased acquisition, usage, retention, and loyalty of Yohana. Utilizing a hands-on approach, this individual will own the complete sales cycle, including prospecting, qualifying, and closing of negotiated contracts. This role will be a player-coach role in the near term with increasing commercial responsibility over time. The ideal candidate will demonstrate an ability to provide structure to a start-up environment, be a strategic partner to the leadership team, and communicate effectively at all altitudes.
Yohana is able to employ individuals who reside in (or that are willing to relocate to) the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Texas, and Washington.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Research, identify, and effectively manage sales opportunities through the cycle working closely with company stakeholders.
- Articulate Yohana’s compelling value proposition to prospective partners with every interaction while demonstrating technical and industry knowledge.
- Develop and maintain a robust pipeline, accurate forecasts, and performance reporting.
- Methodically log and track customer interactions in the CRM.
- Produce regular activity and funnel reports of the interactions with potential customers.
- Commit to and drive revenue based on assigned targets.
- Cultivate long-term customer relationships with key accounts and industry experts in order to drive increased acquisition, usage, retention, and loyalty of Yohana.
What You’ll Bring:
- 10+ years of Sales/Business Development experience; prior experience successfully exceeding revenue quotas. Experience selling solutions into human resources and benefit departments is preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of increasing sales responsibility including team development and management.
- Subject matter expert with regard to strategic planning, target prioritization, pipeline development, sales execution and management of accretive customer relationships.
- Advanced expertise with negotiation, opportunity analysis, business case development, contract management and business development.
- An exceptional communicator coupled with leadership skills is critical.
- Presentation and reporting skills.
- Ability to work cross-functionally within a fast-paced and growing company.
- Strong personal and professional drive for success.
- Experience in an early stage company is preferred.
What We Offer:
The future of work at Yohana is flexibility. Like many other leading Silicon Valley based businesses, we follow a hybrid workplace model post-pandemic. We believe this model is consistent with our goals of fostering a highly collaborative culture, promoting employee well-being, and developing a workplace that is engaging, equitable, and innovative.
Local (Bay Area) employees are expected to come into the office on Mondays & Wednesdays and optional on the other days of the week. Fully remote (Work From Home) employment may be available for select positions.
The salary range for this role is currently $205,000-$220,850. This position is eligible for participation in the Yohana’s employee bonus program. Grade level and salary ranges are determined primarily through the scope and complexity of the role along with a review of the applicant’s experience and skills, as well as alignment with geographic market data and equity with other team members.
Employee benefits include:
- Opportunity to join a hyper-growth startup on a mission to make well-being attainable for modern families
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA)
- 401(k) with employer match
- Life & Short Term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Medical Coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- 12 Company Holidays
- Paid Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Group and 1-on-1 Career Coaching
- Pet Insurance
- Casual Dress Code
- Catered Lunch & Snacks
- Discounts on Panasonic products
- Company Social Events
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest.