YipitData is creating the future of investment research by building the premier destination for understanding data about important companies. We are growing quickly, venture backed and our customers include the largest funds on Wall Street.
We believe that an engineer should own all parts of the product they build, so your job will encompass the entire product cycle:
- You'll investigate and evaluate the potential for new products
- You'll help write technical specifications for your product
- You'll take primary ownership for the development and maintenance of your product
- You'll launch your product and have it collect live data
- You'll work with data analysts to refine the resulting data
- You'll contribute to the internal libraries used across products
We work in small, integrated teams, so you'll need excellent communication skills and need to be incredibly adaptive to changing requirements. Accuracy matters immensely, so you ought have an eye for detail and be conscientious about assumptions in the code. Because our products depend heavily on external sources, you should be inquisitive and excited to dig deep into issues.
Although we program in Python, we don’t expect you to know it — as long as you’ve programmed in a modern programming language, we will teach you the specifics of our technology stack:
- Cloud hosting in Amazon Web Services with CloudFormation and Chef
- Databases like Redis, MySQL and Redshift
- Continuous integration and deployment with GitHub, Travis CI and Buildbot
What’s more, during your first two weeks, we’ll also teach you all about our business, covering topics like:
- Financial accounting
- Sell-side research
Compensation includes Competitive Salary + Benefits + Equity.
YipitData is an equal opportunity employer and seeks excellence through diversity.