Please note that the job description below is for a position that is currently NOT open.
We are open to speaking to top sales candidates and leaving this description available in case anyone is interested in working with us when the opening becomes available in the future.
Please understand that we may not be able to respond immediately to any applications received for this position.
Thank you for your understanding!
New datasets are being created every day and companies need to incorporate them to remain competitive.
YipitData is the go-to, 500+ person data team for hundreds of the largest corporations and institutional investors in the world. We identify, screen, license, clean, and analyze alternative data to help clients answer their key questions.
We have amazing reviews on Glassdoor and are one of Inc’s Best Workplaces - a fast-growing technology company based in NYC, backed by The Carlyle Group and Norwest Venture Partners, with a strong culture focused on mastery, ownership, and purpose.
About The Role (and Challenges You’ll Be Helping To Solve!):
We are looking to add an experienced Sales Executive to our Corporate team who will act as a main growth driver to position YipitData's must-have products within the corporate sector and close on targeted opportunities.
As a Sales Executive - Corporate, you will be responsible for effectively managing the whole sales process from the beginning to the end, including qualifying new leads, identifying prospects, creating advocates for our products and constantly assisting them find answers to their key questions by collaborating closely with our research and data product teams.
You Are Likely To Succeed, If:
- You have at least 4 years of experience in subscription and/or research sales in a fast-paced environment
- You have a track record of not only meeting, but exceeding sales goals
- You have experience selling into large enterprises, negotiating contracts with sophisticated procurement teams and liaising with the senior executives across several business functions such as strategy, sales, marketing, and data/analytics
- You have experience selling a new product or service
- You have successfully introduced a complex product to new customers
- You are a team player and are motivated by the company’s success, not just your own
- You are excited about the integration of data into strategic decision making
- With a high EQ, you are sensitive to clients’ needs and quickly develop warm client relationships
- You are resourceful, resilient, and have strong oral and written communication - including great questioning - skills
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are excited to help build a business
- You love solving ambiguous problems and are willing to persevere through the highs and lows of creating something new
What We Offer:
Our compensation package includes comprehensive benefits, perks, and a competitive salary:
- We care about your personal life and we mean it. We offer flexible work hours, flexible vacation, a generous 401K match, parental leave, team events, wellness budget, learning reimbursement, and more!
- Your growth at YipitData is determined by the impact that you are making, not by tenure, unnecessary facetime, or office politics. Everyone at YipitData is empowered to learn, self-improve, and master their skills in an environment focused on ownership, respect, and trust.
- The annual base salary for this position is anticipated to be $120K base + variable commission earned at 100% of quota) for the Sales Executive - Corporate position is anticipated to be up to $250K. The final offer may be determined by a number of factors, including, but not limited to, the applicant's experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal team benchmarks.The compensation package also includes equity.
This role may be performed fully remotely within the United States. Please note that our US headquarters are located in NYC. We also have office hubs in Austin, Miami, Denver, Mountain View, and Seattle. If the remote work is performed outside of these offices, income may be subject to New York State tax withholding.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer