We analyze billions of data points every day to provide accurate, detailed insights on ridesharing, e-commerce marketplaces, payments and more. Our on-demand insights team uses proprietary technology to identify, license, clean and analyze the data many of the world’s largest investment funds and corporations depend on.
We are one of Inc’s Best Workplaces - a fast-growing technology company with offices located in NYC (where we are based in), Hong Kong, and Shanghai, backed by Norwest Venture Partners and The Carlyle Group with a strong culture focused on mastery, ownership, and transparency.
About The Role:
Our Hong-Kong office (launched in 2017) and Shanghai office (launched in 2018) are continuously and fastly growing. We are looking to add an experienced Business Development Manager to our team who will act as a main growth driver to our Asia-Pacific business
As our Business Development Manager, you will be a growth driver by interacting with some of the most sophisticated investors in the Asia-Pacific market and help them better understand the companies in their investment portfolios through our must-have products. You will also build the skills to manage the entire sales process from establishing new contacts to closing deals. Working closely with our Director of Sales, you’ll initially partner together to source and close new opportunities and will be on a path to own the entire process. You will master various skill sets including, but not limited to:
- Finding new and creative ways to engage with institutional investors (i.e. cold calling, networking at industry conferences, requesting referrals, etc.)
- Effectively communicating the value of our data-driven research products
- Building the brand awareness of YipitData
- Establishing relationships with industry partners for marketing and event opportunities
You Are Likely To Succeed, If:
- You have 5-10 years of experience selling into hedge funds or the financial industry.
- You have professional fluency in English and Mandarin (Cantonese is positive but not required)
- You are a true believer of our data-powered product and have an interest in financial markets
- You are resourceful, resilient, excited to learn, and have strong oral and written communication - including great questioning skills
- You think creatively and strategically about growing revenue by proactively interacting with prospects and existing clients
- You are effective at clearly communicating complex ideas to a wide range of audiences
- You are sensitive to clients’ needs and can quickly build warm client relationships
- You are persuasive and effective at gaining consensus across multiple stakeholders
- You are a master of judgment when handling a wide variety of client situations and communications
What We Offer:
- Our compensation package includes highly competitive salary & commission plan - annual basic salary + monthly OTE
- Your growth at YipitData is determined by the impact that you are making, not by tenure, unnecessary face-time, or office politics. Everyone at YipitData is empowered to learn, self-improve, and master their skills in an environment focused on ownership, respect, and trust.
- To learn more about our culture and values, check out our Glassdoor page!
Get To Know Us:
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.