New datasets are being created every day and investors need to incorporate them to remain competitive.
YipitData is the go-to, 200+ person data team for hundreds of the largest institutional investors and corporations in the world. We identify, screen, license, clean, and analyze alternative data to help clients answer their key questions.
We have amazing reviews (and a 5-star rating!) on Glassdoor and are one of Inc’s Best Workplaces - a fast-growing technology company based in NYC, backed by Norwest Venture Partners and with a strong culture focused on mastery, ownership, and purpose.
This is a remote-friendly opportunity that can sit in NYC (where our headquarter is located), or anywhere in the US.
About The Role:
Are you an analytical, proactive contracts professional with excellent judgment, strong interpersonal skills, and a stellar eye for detail? This is a rare opportunity to become a core contributor to the success of a fast-paced financial technology company that is building the future of investment research.
At YipitData, our legal team is an essential and collaborative partner in the Company’s growth. As our Contracts Associate, you will be critical in supporting sales and increasing deal efficiency by supporting relationships between our revenue and legal teams to streamline the contract lifecycle, reviewing initial markups to our standard contracts, improving training and knowledge sharing for the revenue team and optimizing the use of technology-based solutions to increase overall legal bandwidth.
As Our Contracts Associate, You Will Gain Experience In:
- Working with lawyers to develop contract negotiation and drafting skills to close deals. You will help guide our commercial teams through the lifecycle of a deal - from initiating a contract or negotiating a NDA through closing the deal;
- Collaborating with our product, revenue, engineering, privacy and compliance, and finance teams to facilitate contract reviews and internal processes related to contract generation and management;
- Proactively identifying new technologies or efficiencies in workflows to improve contracting workflows and working with legal, RevOps, and other teams, as needed, to develop, and support new contract initiatives;
- Learning in a rapidly changing environment by navigating new problems and working with lawyers to implement novel contracting frameworks for creative sales ideas;
- Enhancing processes, efficiency, and best practices, including continuing to build out our contract management platform and working with our commercial teams to improve our forms and processes;
- Collaborating with the RevOps team to improve training, knowledge sharing, and execution on all legal processes;
- Reviewing, redlining and approving various standard agreements, escalating to the legal team as necessary;
- Onboarding technology-based legal solutions and updating related contract workflows to streamline contract management).
You are likely to succeed, if:
- You have a Bachelor’s (or Master’s) degree and a proven track record of contracts work or proven significant interest in the area.
- You are a quick learner who adapts well to a fluid regulatory and business environment.
- You are excited by and highly determined to dig-in to customer-facing contracting and deal-desk work that requires rock-solid judgment, creative problem solving, and cross-functional coordination.
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written), Zoom, telephone, interpersonal and organizational skills and are eager to further develop these.
- You are able to work well within a team environment and take constructive criticism, coaching and feedback on a consistent basis, balancing both true ownership for your workstreams with the flexibility and judgment to know when to ask questions or involve other teams as-needed.
- You are able to multitask, prioritize, and manage a large volume of requests with strong attention to detail.
- You thrive in the unknown, are motivated to think creatively each day, and can handle new areas of responsibility independently.
What We Offer:
- Our compensation package includes equity and highly competitive salary
- We care about your personal life and we mean it. We offer flexible work hours, unlimited vacation, a generous 401K match, parental leave, team events, wellness budget, learning reimbursement, and more!
- Your growth at YipitData is determined by the impact that you are making, not by tenure, unnecessary facetime, or office politics. Everyone at YipitData is empowered to learn, self-improve, and master their skills in an environment focused on ownership, respect, and trust.
- To learn more about our culture and values, check out our Glassdoor page!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.