New datasets are being created every day and investors need to incorporate them to remain competitive.
YipitData is the go-to, 200+ person data team for hundreds of the largest institutional investors and corporations in the world. We identify, screen, license, clean, and analyze alternative data to help clients answer their key questions.
We have amazing reviews (and a 5-star rating!) on Glassdoor and are one of Inc’s Best Workplaces - a fast-growing technology company based in NYC, backed by Norwest Venture Partners and with a strong culture focused on mastery, ownership, and purpose.
About The Role:
We have been growing at record-speed, thriving in a disruptive environment as our research service has become more valuable than ever. As our first Research Enablement Specialist, you will solve one of our company’s biggest challenges by understanding how to hire and onboard a record number of Research team members, helping train them to succeed, and scaling the process to hire, onboard, and train potentially even more team members in the future.
You will be the primary owner of ascertaining the types of candidates who will succeed at YipitData on the Research team; you will be a key contributor to our training and development efforts for the Research organization. This will include identifying characteristics of strong performers on the team, targeting candidates with those characteristics to recruit, and ensuring all team members have the training and development to succeed. In this role, you will also develop more of your own data analysis and technical skills, such as SQL and Python.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for an analytical problem-solver with 1+ years of experience who is interested in working in talent development for a team in the tech, data, and investment worlds that YipitData intersects. Anyone with strong analytical skills and an interest in developing talent is encouraged to apply. This role is part of the Product Operations team and is a remote-friendly opportunity that can sit in NYC (where our headquarters is located) or anywhere in the US.
As a Research Enablement Specialist, Your Day-to-Day Will Involve:
- Delivering and facilitating trainings to new hires and current team members
- Collaborating closely with other key support areas (People Operations, Data, Revenue) to tap into connections in training programs
- Facilitating Research team onboarding and systems/tools set-up
- Introducing and facilitating an ongoing development program for the whole Research team
- Working closely with internal stakeholders (Recruiting and Data) on recruiting and talent development goals
- Identifying skills/characteristics of top performers on the Research team
- Discovering desired characteristics of qualified candidates to recruit and working with Recruiting to reach out to those candidates
- Running key parts of our Research team recruiting process, including grading take-home assignments
You’ll Gain Experience In:
- Owning a project that is key to the company’s success
- Further developing finance industry knowledge, primarily at the intersection of alternative data and capital markets
- Recruiting, onboarding, and training a record number of Research team members
- Ongoing training and talent development for the Product Org (Research & Data)
- Working with multiple stakeholders across different functions
- Developing technical skills such as SQL and Python
You Are Likely to Succeed If:
- You have 1+ years of relevant work experience (in a fast-paced, high-growth environment a plus!)
- You are eager to support one of our company’s biggest growth-goals
- You have a strong sense of ownership
- You have strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- You are a methodical problem solver
- You are able to come up with creative solutions to new problems
- You are interested in further developing your understanding of equity research and alternative data
- You are interested in developing your technical skills such as in SQL and Python
- You are excited about being a key part of our massive recruiting and onboarding goals over the next few years
- You thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environments and can manage many parallel processes at the same time
- You are interested in scaling an organization with a focus on efficient execution
- You are passionate about joining a company (with a 5.0 Glassdoor rating!) that is pioneering the future of data-driven research
What We Offer:
- Our compensation package includes equity and highly competitive salary
- We care about your personal life and we mean it. We offer flexible work hours, unlimited vacation, a generous 401K match, parental leave, team events, wellness budget, learning reimbursement, and more!
- Your growth at YipitData is determined by the impact that you are making, not by tenure, unnecessary facetime, or office politics. Everyone at YipitData is empowered to learn, self-improve, and master their skills in an environment focused on ownership, respect, and trust.
- To learn more about our culture and values, check out our Glassdoor page!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.