New datasets are being created every day and investors need to incorporate them to remain competitive.
YipitData is the go-to, 200+ person data team for hundreds of the largest institutional investors and corporations in the world. We identify, screen, license, clean, and analyze alternative data to help clients answer their key questions.
We have amazing reviews (and a 5-star rating!) on Glassdoor and are one of Inc’s Best Workplaces - a fast-growing technology company based in NYC, backed by Norwest Venture Partners and with a strong culture focused on mastery, ownership, and purpose.
About The Role:
As an Equity Research Manager (official title: "Senior Research Manager"), you will be a critical leader in the Research department committed to developing and managing a rapidly growing team of high-performing Research Associates focused on creating must-have, data-driven research for investors.
On top of directly managing members of the team and upholding best-in-class management practices across the department, you’ll partner with other senior team members to define strategic priorities, iterate on our approach to research, and solve crucial pain points as we look to dramatically scale our team and product reach.
This is a terrific opportunity for an experienced manager who is passionate about data-driven investing to contribute meaningfully to our next phase of growth.
This is a remote-friendly opportunity that can sit in NYC (where our headquarter is located), or anywhere in the US.
As Our Senior Research Manager You Will:
- Coach, motivate, and develop a rapidly growing team of Research Associates while working closely with other managers in the department to ensure best-in-class people management practices
- Collaborate with other senior members of the department to set product strategy, identify and solve for key issues as we scale, and run cross-functional initiatives with firm-wide impact
- Create and spearhead initiatives like training and workshops that accelerate learning and skill development
- Cultivate a strong team environment that promotes a culture of ownership, mastery, and purpose
You Are Likely To Succeed If:
- You have 5+ years of relevant experience in equity capital markets with 2+ years of experience managing a team
- You are passionate about data-driven investing and ideally have experience using alternative data
- You have intermediate SQL skills (subqueries, window functions)
- You are excited by the opportunity to develop people and support their growth
- You have strong leadership skills and thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- You are great at putting yourself in the shoes of others and approach leadership with self-awareness & compassion
- You enjoy cooperating with others to iterate on processes and best practices
- You have a history of proactively identifying issues and raising them with key stakeholders in order to develop relevant and realistic plans and recommendations
Meet Your Team:
- Check out this video to learn why our Research team members love being part of YipitData!
What We Offer:
- Our compensation package includes equity and highly competitive salary.
- We care about your personal life and we mean it. We offer flexible work hours, unlimited vacation, a generous 401K match, parental leave, team events, wellness budget, learning reimbursement, and more!
- Your growth at YipitData is determined by the impact that you are making, not by tenure, unnecessary facetime, or office politics. Everyone at YipitData is empowered to learn, self-improve, and master their skills in an environment focused on ownership, respect, and trust.
- To learn more about our culture and values, check out our Glassdoor page!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.