New datasets are being created every day and investors need to incorporate them to remain competitive.
YipitData is the go-to, 200+ person data team for hundreds of the largest institutional investors and corporations in the world. We identify, screen, license, clean, and analyze alternative data to help clients answer their key questions.
We have amazing reviews (and a 5-star rating!) on Glassdoor and are one of Inc’s Best Workplaces - a fast-growing technology company based in NYC, backed by Norwest Venture Partners and with a strong culture focused on mastery, ownership, and purpose.
About The Role:
We have been growing at record-speed, thriving in a disruptive environment as our data-driven research service has become more valuable than ever. We’re now seeking a Director of Business Development, reporting to our VP of Client Development, who will lead, coach, hire, and support a high-performing team of salespeople and innovate to achieve our goals. This is a critical and highly visible role where you will have the opportunity to make an impact on YipitData’s culture and future.
As Our Director Of Business Development, You Will:
- Oversee a team of Business Development Executives, helping them develop client-oriented strategies and grow revenue for the company
- Coach Business Development Executives throughout the farming sales process from top of the funnel, through to closing opportunities
- Actively build the sales strategy, process, and department structure
- Guide the team to effectively negotiate and win client renewals
- Collaborate with our Client Strategy team on growth goals, retention strategies, communication, and team sales
- Empower the team to use tools to increase their efficiency
- Collaborate with Marketing, Operations, Legal, and other internal teams to improve account growth outcomes.
- Build an accurate pipeline and maintain accurate forecasts against it
- Recruit, onboard and train new team members to grow the sales organization
- Coach team members to continually develop their skills
- Play a key role in growing company revenue
You Are Likely To Succeed, If:
- You have managed a sales or business development team for more than 2 years and have successfully met and exceeded your targets
- You have been a successful salesperson with 3-4 years of proven success meeting and exceeding quota
- You have a track record developing talent and building great teams
- You’re a self-starter and you’re excited about building something
- You enjoy taking a hands-on approach to personal development and coaching
- You’re adaptable, dynamic and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- You are a team player and are motivated by the company’s success
- You have familiarity with various sales efficiency tools
- You have some experience selling into financial services or a genuine curiosity of the space
Meet Your Team:
- Check out this video to learn why our team members love being part of YipitData!
What We Offer:
- Our compensation package includes equity and a highly competitive salary & commission plan
- We care about your personal life. We offer flexible work hours, unlimited vacation, generous 401K match and parental leave policy, fully stocked kitchen, paid team bonding events, wellness budget, learning reimbursement, and more!
- Your growth at YipitData is determined by the impact that you are making, not by tenure, unnecessary facetime, or office politics. Everyone at YipitData is empowered to learn, self-improve, and master their skills in an environment focused on ownership, respect, and trust.
- To learn more about our culture and values, check out our Glassdoor page!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.