New datasets are being created every day and investors need to incorporate them to remain competitive.
YipitData is the go-to, 200+ person data team for hundreds of the largest institutional investors and corporations in the world. We identify, screen, license, clean, and analyze alternative data to help clients answer their key questions.
We have amazing reviews (and a 5.0 rating!) on Glassdoor and are one of Inc’s Best Workplaces - a fast-growing technology company based in NYC, backed by Norwest Venture Partners and with a strong culture focused on mastery, ownership, and purpose.
About the Role:
In 2019 YipitData launched a new business unit providing alternative data insights to corporations. We leverage access to a wide array of data sets and our expertise in interpreting data to provide strategic insights to major global corporations. Our Corporate team is a nimble team that is growing quickly and we are expanding by hiring a Solutions Engineer who will be key to the success of the initiative. This is an opportunity to shape the tooling we use to produce content, design data delivery systems that scale, and ultimately help lead our engineering efforts within the Corporate department. This is a remote-friendly opportunity that can sit in NYC (where our headquarter is located), or anywhere in the US (we expect Eastern time zone work hours).
As our Solutions Engineer you will:
- Work directly with our data team to understand their workflow and create solutions that empower them to be more productive.
- Work directly with our clients to ensure they’re able to seamlessly ingest and integrate our data into their daily workflow.
- Work directly with our engineers to design and implement maintainable systems that scale with the rest of our architecture.
- Work in our modern Python, React, Databricks, and AWS tech stack.
- Build a team of engineers to help scale the impact of our corporate department.
You Are Likely To Succeed If:
- You have 5+ years of professional experience including 2+ years of experience as a Software Engineer or Data Engineer
- You’re excited to support the rapid growth of a new business unit and help achieve exciting targets
- You’re comfortable with some ambiguity and eager to collaborate with clients, our data team, and other engineers to find scalable solutions to complex problems together
- You’re excited about getting your hands dirty as an engineer and committed to scaling yourself as a people, product, and client manager.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- You’re happy to wear whatever hat it takes to grow something from the ground up
What We Offer:
- Our compensation package includes equity and a highly competitive salary.
- We care about your personal life. We offer flexible work hours, open vacation policy, a generous 401K match, parental leave, team events, wellness budget, learning reimbursement, and more.
- Your growth at YipitData is determined by the impact that you are making, not by tenure, unnecessary facetime, or office politics. Everyone at YipitData is empowered to learn, self-improve, and master their skills in an environment focused on ownership, respect, and trust.
- To learn more about our culture and values, check out our Glassdoor page.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.