New datasets are being created every day and investors need to incorporate them to remain competitive.
YipitData is the go-to, 200+ person data team for hundreds of the largest institutional investors and corporations in the world. We identify, screen, license, clean, and analyze alternative data to help clients answer their key questions.
We have amazing reviews (and a 5-star rating!) on Glassdoor and are one of Inc’s Best Workplaces - a fast-growing technology company based in NYC, backed by Norwest Venture Partners and with a strong culture focused on mastery, ownership, and purpose.
About The Role:
As a People Business Partner, you will be instrumental in leading people development and organizational planning for your client teams at YipitData. You will work closely with senior executives, people managers and their direct reports to support departments across the organization.
We are looking for an experienced Business Partner who can navigate the complex situations that come with rapidly growing teams. We need someone who is able to both advise and own the build out of team processes and structure that scale. This strategic advisor cares deeply about maintaining a strong culture and developing the people who form it. In this role, you will have the opportunity to build and implement programs and processes from scratch that will have substantial impact.
As Our People Business Partner You Will:
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to help run and improve key people processes including promotion, compensation, performance management, and learning & development.
- Assist in the creation of org structures that will scale, working with department heads, managers, and FP&A to identify needs, pain points, communication strategies, and succession plans.
- Strengthen the management bench on your teams by providing guidance, cross-functional perspectives and 360 feedback.
- Coach the employees of your teams on their development, career pathing, and ability to navigate complex challenges.
- Partner with Legal and People Operations teams in handling any complex employee relations issues and identify/implement resolutions or policies as needed
- Assure that YipitData’s culture, values, and engagement initiatives align with your work
- Identify and solve inefficiencies to scale the impact of our People Partner team
You Are Likely To Succeed If:
- You have experience in an HR role with access to sensitive data and with direct working relationships with senior management outside of HR
- You thrive in a working environment where you can investigate and define priorities; you have strong project and time management skills, and are both extremely organized and able to work across multiple departments and stakeholders
- You have a history of earning trust from your colleagues, from entry-level to the executive team
- You’ve experienced, and learned lessons from, periods of rapid growth at a company
- You define yourself as scrappy and resourceful
- You push yourself to understand the “bigger picture” of corporate goals and how those goals guide your work
- You voice your thoughts and clearly communicate People initiatives to managers
- You love to teach and coach
- You love learning new things and are not afraid to admit when you don’t know an answer
- You have 4+ years of applicable experience supporting managers in working with teams, people, and planning
- Bonus if you have experience developing career plans specifically for engineering or data analyst positions!
What We Offer:
- Our compensation package includes equity and highly competitive salary
- We care about your personal life and we mean it. We offer flexible work hours, unlimited vacation, a generous 401K match, parental leave, team events, wellness budget, learning reimbursement, and more!
- Your growth at YipitData is determined by the impact that you are making, not by tenure, unnecessary facetime, or office politics. Everyone at YipitData is empowered to learn, self-improve, and master their skills in an environment focused on ownership, respect, and trust.
- To learn more about our culture and values, check out our Glassdoor page!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.