New datasets are being created every day and investors need to incorporate them to remain competitive.
YipitData is the go-to, 200+ person data team for hundreds of the largest institutional investors and corporations in the world. We identify, screen, license, clean, and analyze alternative data to help clients answer their key questions.
We have amazing reviews (and a 5-star rating!) on Glassdoor and are one of Inc’s Best Workplaces - a fast-growing technology company based in NYC, backed by Norwest Venture Partners and with a strong culture focused on mastery, ownership, and purpose.
About The Role:
YipitData is looking for an intellectually curious Staff Accountant to join our Finance team.
This is a unique opportunity to work at a high-growth FinTech company with an entrepreneurial yet supportive and cooperative start-up culture.
In this role, you will utilize your accounting knowledge, attention to detail, and analytical skills to own and manage our A/P and A/R processes as well as work closely with our monthly close schedules and gain exposure to all elements of the accounting and reporting cycles in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
As Our Staff Accountant, You Will:
- Prepare monthly closing schedules and book adjusting entries
- Perform account reconciliations and analysis
- Review executed customer contracts and update internal records.
- Issue customer invoices, respond to customer inquiries, and follow-up for collections
- Own and manage our company credit cards
- Post and review credit card transactions for accuracy and completeness
- Monitor our payables inbox for incoming vendor invoices and contracts.
- Process all vendor invoices and ensure accurate payment timelines.
- Manage vendor relationships and inquiries.
- Prepare weekly AP aging reports.
- Maintain our internal vendor database.
- Assist with our yearly financial audit and other ad hoc projects
You Are Likely To Succeed If:
- At least 2 years experience as a bookkeeper.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Quickbooks Online or other cloud-based accounting software.
- Intermediate Excel skills.
- Knowledge of GAAP and attention to detail.
- Prior experience working at a start-up is a big plus.
What We Offer:
- Our compensation package includes equity and a highly competitive salary.
- We care about your personal life and we mean it. We offer flexible work hours, unlimited vacation, a generous 401K match, parental leave, team events, wellness budget, learning reimbursement, and more!
- Your growth at YipitData is determined by the impact that you are making, not by tenure, unnecessary facetime, or office politics. Everyone at YipitData is empowered to learn, self-improve, and master their skills in an environment focused on ownership, respect, and trust.
- To learn more about our culture and values, check out our Glassdoor page!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.