New datasets are being created every day and investors need to incorporate them to remain competitive.
YipitData is the go-to, 180+ person data team for hundreds of the largest institutional investors and corporations in the world. We identify, screen, license, clean, and analyze alternative data to help clients answer their key questions.
We have amazing reviews (and a 5-star rating!) on Glassdoor and are one of Inc’s Best Workplaces - a fast-growing technology company with offices located in NYC, Hong Kong, and Shanghai with a strong culture focused on mastery, ownership, and purpose.
About The Role:
Are you a motivated, collaborative, solutions-oriented attorney looking for a new role in a fast-paced financial tech company with global reach? Join our Shanghai office as our first Asia-based member of our growing legal team and make your mark as we build the future of investment research.
At YipitData, our legal team is an essential partner in the company’s growth. As our Counsel (APAC), you’ll advise teams across our business on a wide-range of legal and compliance matters. As an integral member of our dynamic and fast-growing company, you’ll have ample opportunity to work on a variety of unique customer, compliance, product and privacy matters as well as other legal issues while partnering with teams across the company.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with the legal team to develop and implement YipitData’s data sourcing, compliance and product development programs for Asia based products and vendors in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, including relevant laws in APAC.
- Draft and negotiate data licenses and other partnership agreements with our expanding Asia customer base and key strategic vendors that are critical to our business.
- Provide advice to our strategic partnerships and product teams during the development lifecycle to minimize legal risks, ensure compliance with applicable laws, and advance business goals.
- Drive awareness on APAC data privacy and security issues, including development of training and guidelines that help team members spot and address legal issues as they emerge in development of new products and technologies.
- Build and enhance our Asia compliance framework and legal best practices to drive efficiencies and greater impact as we expand our Asia team.
To succeed as our Counsel (APAC), you have:
- 4+ years of legal experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal department (preferred), with a focus on commercial licensing, technology transactions and/or APAC privacy and data protection issues.
- Exceptional written and verbal skills in both English and Mandarin.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills and can convey complex concepts in simple terms.
- Confidence engaging on technical topics with product and engineering teams.
- The ability to be flexible and can re-prioritize your work on a daily basis to align with changing business needs.
- Very strong research skills and a history of mastering a topic when advising on it.
- Navigated complicated and novel legal concepts and issues, and are excited by this work.
- Active membership in good standing as a PRC qualified lawyer and graduated from a top law school.
What We Offer:
- Our compensation package includes highly competitive salary
- Your growth at YipitData is determined by the impact that you are making, not by tenure, unnecessary facetime, or office politics. Everyone at YipitData is empowered to learn, self-improve, and master their skills in an environment focused on ownership, respect, and trust.
- To learn more about our culture and values, check out our Glassdoor page!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.