New datasets are being created every day and investors need to incorporate them to remain competitive.
YipitData is the go-to, 170+ person data team for hundreds of the largest institutional investors and corporations in the world. We identify, screen, license, clean, and analyze alternative data to help clients answer their key questions.
We have amazing reviews (and a 5.0 rating!) on Glassdoor and are one of Inc’s Best Workplaces - a fast-growing technology company based in NYC, backed by Norwest Venture Partners and with a strong culture focused on mastery, ownership, and purpose.
About the Engineering Department:
We want to be the best in the world at using data to answer questions, and we're committed to building scalable systems for ingesting, analyzing, and creating value from data.
We are proud to run a small and efficient engineering department (21 people). Our teams are usually 3-5 engineers and multifunctional. We invest heavily in standardization, building development tools, and peer-to-peer training to maximize our engineers' impact and let them focus on what is most important to their teams. We offer the flexibility to switch teams based on your career aspirations, a career ladder with growth opportunities, good work/life balance, and we have a very high employee retention rate (our average engineer tenure is 5 years).
About The Role:
We're looking for a full-stack engineer to join our Publishing team. This team builds tools empowering YipitData research and data analysts to deliver the data that drives decisions at the world's largest investors and corporations. The team’s suite of solutions is responsible for producing and delivering our data and research assets: data organization, automated chart generation, and report drafting & scheduling.
This is a remote-friendly opportunity that can sit in NYC, where our headquarters is located, or anywhere in the US (we expect Eastern work hours).
As a Software Engineer II you will:
- Work together with a tech lead and product manager to build and release solutions
- Maintain a code quality that sets an example for others
- Architect solutions that will scale as the company continues to grow
- Provide technical direction to less experienced members
- Maintain documentation, be available for advice, and help drive the adoption of technology and good practices
As long as you’ve worked with a modern web framework, we’re positive that you will learn our technology stack:
- Django on the backend
- React.js on the frontend
- Amazon Web Services (CloudFormation, ECS, RDS, ElastiCache, SQS, S3, and many more)
- PostgreSQL and Redis
- Data analysis with Spark, Delta, and Airflow (Databricks)
- Continuous integration and deployment with GitHub and CircleCI
You Are Likely To Succeed If:
- You have 2-3+ years of experience as a full-stack web developer
- Nice to have: experience with React.js, Python, SQL, AWS
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- You can develop new features and bugs fixes with minimal oversight
- You are curious and learn quickly
- You are interested in creating software to improve the efficiency of other roles
- You enjoy working collaboratively in and supporting a small team
What We Offer:
- Our compensation package includes equity and a highly competitive salary.
- We care about your personal life. We offer flexible work hours, open vacation policy, a generous 401K match, parental leave, team events, wellness budget, learning reimbursement, and more.
- Your growth at YipitData is determined by the impact that you are making, not by tenure, unnecessary facetime, or office politics. Everyone at YipitData is empowered to learn, self-improve, and master their skills in an environment focused on ownership, respect, and trust.
- To learn more about our culture and values, check out our Glassdoor page.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.