New datasets are being created every day and investors need to incorporate them to remain competitive.
YipitData is the go-to, 170+ person data team for hundreds of the largest institutional investors and corporations in the world. We identify, screen, license, clean, and analyze alternative data to help clients answer their key questions.
We have amazing reviews (and a 5.0 rating!) on Glassdoor and are one of Inc’s Best Workplaces - a fast-growing technology company based in NYC, backed by Norwest Venture Partners and with a strong culture focused on mastery, ownership, and purpose.
About The Role:
We're looking for an IT Manager to join our company and build out the IT function. We’ve scaled to a company of 170+ employees with limited IT through a culture of self-service and knowledge documentation, but we are now at a point where we need someone to own this role and help us scale the organization.
As an IT Manager you will:
- Build out our IT Operations and Helpdesk
- Work with our PeopleOps team to ensure smooth onboarding/offboarding for employees from hardware to training
- Maintain our office hardware (phones, local network and internet connection, Zoom rooms)
- Research and implement new solutions for organization-wide technical challenges (e.g. SSO, password management, file storage, etc.)
- Work with our compliance team to develop policies and procedures around security
- Create and implement a plan to mature our IT capabilities
- Responsible for vendor and asset management and governance
- Maintain documentation, facilitate trainings, and help drive the adoption of technology and good practices
You Are Likely To Succeed, If:
- You have 5+ years of experience in IT
- You have 2+ years of experience in an IT leadership role
- You have experience building corporate IT knowledge bases and writing policies/processes
- You have experience working with senior management on strategic IT investments and creatively finding solutions for a technically savvy userbase
- You have experience managing an office network
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- You learn quickly
- You enjoy working in a small team
- Nice to have: scripting experience with Python
What We Offer:
- Our compensation package includes equity, highly competitive salary
- We care about your personal life. We offer flexible work hours, open vacation policy, a generous 401K match, parental leave, team events, wellness budget, learning reimbursement, and more.
- Your growth at YipitData is determined by the impact that you are making, not by tenure, unnecessary facetime, or office politics. Everyone at YipitData is empowered to learn, self-improve, and master their skills in an environment focused on ownership, respect, and trust.
- To learn more about our culture and values, check out our Glassdoor page.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.