New datasets are being created every day and investors need to incorporate them to remain competitive.
YipitData is the go-to, 100+ person data team for the world’s largest corporations, hedge funds, and venture capital funds. We identify, screen, license, clean, and analyze alternative data to help our clients answer their key questions.
We have amazing reviews (and a 5-star rating!) on Glassdoor and are one of Inc’s Best Workplaces - a fast-growing technology company with offices located in NYC, Hong Kong, and Shanghai with a strong culture focused on mastery, ownership, and purpose.
About The Role:
Our Hong-Kong (launched 3 years ago) and Shanghai (launched 2 years ago) offices are continuously growing. We are looking for a result-driven and motivated Sales Associate who will join our team to become a core contributor and help us further grow our Asia-Pacific business. There is still a large untapped client base in the region, and we believe this will be a great opportunity to expand our presence and grow together. As our Sales Associate, you will be a growth driver by interacting with some of the most sophisticated investors in the Asia-Pacific market and help them better understand the companies in their investment portfolios through our must-have products.
As a Sales Associate at YipitData, you will build the skills to manage the entire sales process from establishing new contacts to closing deals. Working closely with our Director of Sales, you’ll initially partner together to source and close new opportunities and will be on a path to own the entire process. You will master various skill sets including, but not limited to:
- Finding new and creative ways to engage with institutional investors (i.e. cold calling, networking at industry conferences, requesting for referrals, etc.)
- Effectively communicating the value of our data-driven research products
- Building the brand awareness of YipitData
- Establishing relationships with industry partners for marketing and event opportunities
You Are Likely To Succeed, If:
- You have professional fluency in English and Mandarin (Cantonese is positive but not required)
- You are a true believer of our data-powered product and have an interest in financial markets
- You are resourceful, resilient, excited to learn, and have strong oral and written communication - including great questioning - skills
- You think creatively and strategically about growing revenue by proactively interacting with prospects and existing clients
- You are effective at clearly communicating complex ideas to a wide range of audiences
- You are and sensitive to clients’ needs and can quickly build warm client relationships
- You are persuasive and effective at gaining consensus across multiple stakeholders
- You are a master of judgment when handling a wide variety of client situations and communications
What We Offer:
- Our compensation package includes highly competitive salary & commission plan
- Your growth at YipitData is determined by the impact that you are making, not by tenure, unnecessary face-time, or office politics. Everyone at YipitData is empowered to learn, self-improve, and master their skills in an environment focused on ownership, respect, and trust.
- To learn more about our culture and values, check out our Glassdoor page!
Get To Know Us:
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.