New datasets are being created every day and investors need to incorporate them to remain competitive.
YipitData is the go-to, 100+ person data team for hundreds of the largest institutional investors and corporations in the world. We identify, screen, license, clean, and analyze alternative data to help clients answer their key questions.
We have amazing reviews (and a 5-star rating!) on Glassdoor and are one of Inc’s Best Workplaces - a fast-growing technology company based in NYC, backed by Norwest Venture Partners and with a strong culture focused on mastery, ownership, and purpose.
About The Role:
We have been growing at record-speed, thriving in a disruptive environment as our data-driven research service has become more valuable than ever. We’re now seeking a Sales Manager to report to our VP of Sales to scale our sales team and to lead, hire, and support a high-performing team of Sales Executives to collaborate and innovate to achieve our goals. This is a critical and highly visible role where you will have the opportunity to make an impact on YipitData’s culture and future.
As a Sales Manager, You Will:
- Oversee a team of Sales Executives and help them grow revenue for the company
- Coach Sales Executives throughout the sales process from top of the funnel, through to closing opportunities
- Continually look for ways to improve the sales process and help define the sales strategy
- Collaborate with our product team to develop messaging and outreach strategy
- Empower the team to use tools to increase their efficiency
- Partner with Marketing and the SDR team to help scale the company’s overall lead funnel
- Build an accurate pipeline and maintain accurate forecasts against it
- Recruit, onboard and train new team members to grow the sales organization
- Coach team members to continually develop their skills
- Play a key role in growing company revenue
You Are Likely To Succeed, If:
- You have managed a sales team for more than 2 years and have successfully met and exceeded your targets
- You have been a successful salesperson with 3-4 years of proven success meeting and exceeding quota
- You have a track record developing talent and building great teams
- You’re a self-starter and you’re excited about building something
- You enjoy taking a hands-on approach to personal development and coaching
- You’re adaptable, dynamic and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- You are a team player and are motivated by the company’s success
- You have familiarity with various sales efficiency tools
- You have some experience selling into financial services or a genuine curiosity about the space
What We Offer:
- Our compensation package includes equity and a highly competitive salary & commission plan
- We care about your personal life. We offer flexible work hours, unlimited vacation, generous 401K match and parental leave policy, fully stocked kitchen, paid team bonding events, wellness budget, learning reimbursement, and more!
- Your growth at YipitData is determined by the impact that you are making, not by tenure, unnecessary facetime, or office politics. Everyone at YipitData is empowered to learn, self-improve, and master their skills in an environment focused on ownership, respect, and trust.
- To learn more about our culture and values, check out our Glassdoor page!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.