Are you working in investment banking, consulting, or at a high-growth start up and looking to join a fast growing fin-tech startup in an exciting role? YipitData is building the future of data-driven investment research, underpinned by a growing set of exciting data partnerships. The Data Partnerships team is looking to hire its first Data Partnerships Associate to scale these efforts. This hire will be responsible for sourcing, evaluating, and closing deals with the most exciting datasets in the world.
More about YipitData:
New datasets are being created every day and investors need to incorporate them to remain competitive. YipitData is the on-demand, 100+ person data team for hundreds of the largest hedge funds, mutual funds, pension funds, private equity funds, family offices, sovereign wealth funds, and venture capital funds in the world. We identify, screen, license, clean, and analyze alternative data to help investors answer their key questions. We’re a fast growing technology company based in NYC, with a strong culture focused on mastery, ownership, and purpose. Our Glassdoor rating is a perfect 5.0!
More about the team:
A critical component to YipitData’s product is a fast growing set of strategic data partnerships, including some with companies that have not traditionally licensed data. The Data Partnerships team is constantly looking for new and interesting datasets. Each new partnership we execute expands and improves YipitData’s product offering, and helps accelerate YipitData’s growth.
More about the role:
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and enthusiastic Data Partnerships Associate who will become an integral part of the growing Data Partnerships team at YipitData. As our first team hire, you will report directly to our Director of Data Partnerships. You will focus on identifying and cultivating relationships with companies that have high-value datasets, and owning the entire deal process from research to diligence and execution. This is a unique opportunity for you to work directly with executive leadership on growth-oriented initiatives.
You’ll gain experience in:
- Business Development: You will work to identify targets with interesting data sets, through outreach and pitching develop a pipeline of leads, and nurture those leads into partnership opportunities
- Deal Execution: You will own the deal process end to end including: research, structuring, data review, business plan development, and contract negotiation / execution
- Product Development: You will learn what it takes to build products and will develop business cases to support each investment we make
- Data Analysis: You will get insights into some of the most exciting datasets in the world and learn how to quickly judge their value
- Relationships: You will own relationships with existing partners managing renewals and opportunities for expansion
- Alternative Data Landscape: You will develop a deep understanding of key players and become an expert in datasets available to investors
You are likely to succeed, if:
- You have 1-2 years experience in investment banking, consulting or a business development role for a market research firm or a high growth startup
- You have an interest in data-driven fundamental investing
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and strong sense of ownership
- You enjoy being in a fast paced environment
- You are meticulous about details, never letting anything fall through the cracks
- You have excellent communication and relationship building skills
- You are comfortable building relationships with senior team members and presenting to executive level leadership
- You have knowledge of finance & accounting
- Academic background in an analytical field such as Finance, Economics, Data Science or Engineering is a plus
- Prior work experience in consumer, internet, technology, or media sector is a plus
What We Offer:
- Our compensation package includes equity and highly competitive salary & commission plan
- We care about your personal life and we mean it. We offer flexible work hours, unlimited vacation, generous 401K match and parental leave policy, fully stocked kitchen, paid team bonding events, wellness budget, learning reimbursement, and more!
- Your growth at YipitData is determined by the impact that you are making, not by tenure, unnecessary facetime, or office politics. Everyone at YipitData is empowered to learn, self-improve, and master their skills in an environment focused on ownership, respect, and trust.
YipitData is an equal opportunity employer and seeks collaboration, innovation, and excellence through diversity and inclusion.