New datasets are being created every day and investors need to incorporate them to remain competitive.
YipitData is the go-to, 100+ person data team for hundreds of the largest hedge funds, mutual funds, pension funds, private equity funds, family offices, sovereign wealth funds, and venture capital funds in the world. We identify, screen, license, clean, and analyze alternative data to help investors answer their key questions.
We're one of Inc’s Best Workplaces - a fast-growing technology company based in NYC, with a strong culture focused on mastery, ownership, and purpose.
About The Role:
We are expanding our data team by hiring Data Specialists who will be the key producers of our data products received by our institutional investor clients. Our Data Specialist role is a fantastic opportunity for analytical individuals with 0-2 years of experience to build the core skills required to succeed in the tech, data, and investment worlds that YipitData intersects. This is a remote-friendly opportunity that can sit in NYC (where our headquarter is located), or anywhere in the US.
In this role you'll gain experience in:
- Programming: Learn Python and SQL or sharpen your existing skills by running our growing portfolio of data products.
- Data: Work with massive amounts of data on the performance of important companies, using proprietary methods. You'll learn vital techniques on ensuring data accuracy and deriving key insights across a number of types of data.
- Investing: Create and write data reports that are consumed by the top investors in the world. You'll gain insight into how investors think about companies and the most important questions they need to answer to make stock portfolio decisions
You Are Likely To Succeed, If:
- You have strong attention to detail
- You are a methodical problem solver
- You want to learn to code or hone your existing coding skills
- You can clearly communicate complex concepts, both orally and written
- You strive to make tasks as efficient as possible
- You have an ability to manage competing priorities
What We Offer :
- Our compensation package includes equity and highly competitive salary & commission plan
- We care about your personal life and we mean it. We offer flexible work hours, unlimited vacation, generous 401K match and parental leave policy, fully stocked kitchen, paid team bonding events, wellness budget, learning reimbursement, and more!
- Your growth at YipitData is determined by the impact that you are making, not by tenure, unnecessary facetime, or office politics. Everyone at YipitData is empowered to learn, self-improve, and master their skills in an environment focused on ownership, respect, and trust. To learn more about our culture and values, check out our Glassdoor page!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.