YipitData specializes in analyzing alternative data for institutional investors. Four years ago, YipitData consisted of 20 people. Since then, we've grown to 90+, have quadrupled our revenue and expanded our client base to include the largest institutional investors in the world.
Our Finance team is looking to bring on an experienced Accounting Manager who can help scale processes and take ownership over several monthly tasks.
As our Accounting Manager:
- You will own our monthly financial-close procedure, including reconciling balance sheet accounts, preparing closing schedules, and booking adjusting entries
- You will prepare financial statements and reports for internal and external parties
- You will perform bank reconciliations and monitor our bank account
- You will file state and local taxes, sales and use tax, commercial rent tax, annual filings, and work with an external tax accountant for timely preparation and submission of Federal and State income tax requirements
- You will review payroll, track commissions and bonuses, and book appropriate journal entries
- You will review vendor and customer contracts, process vendor payments, assist with our yearly financial audit and other ad hoc projects
As an ideal candidate, you:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in accounting; CPA a big plus!
- Can hit the ground running on the responsibilities listed above and have expertise in problem-solving when things don't go as planned
- Have experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Are skilled with advanced Excel formulas and feel at ease using Quickbooks
- Are comfortable with interpreting GAAP, creating monthly close adjusting entries, and researching sales tax and other tax filings
- Are excited to keep up to date with FASB and GAAP, research new accounting standards, and ensure we are compliant with them
- Have a strong understanding of internal controls
- Are naturally curious and have a history of seeking optimizations/automations whenever possible
Get to know us:
Compensation includes Competitive Salary + Benefits + Equity.
YipitData is an equal opportunity employer and seeks excellence through diversity.