Yext puts business on the map. The Yext Knowledge Engine™ lets companies manage their digital knowledge in the cloud and sync it to over 100 services in the PowerListings® Network. Yext Listings, Pages, and Reviews help businesses around the globe facilitate face-to-face and digital interactions that boost brand awareness, drive foot traffic, and increase sales.
We’re currently seeking highly motivated Event Marketing Specialist to join our Marketing Team in New York, NY. We’re a passionate Marketing team within a fast-paced, innovative company. Our challenge is the ultimate marketing challenge -- marketing to marketers. We work tirelessly to build a company and product worth talking about and aim to introduce customers, prospects, and partners to Yext’s products and services.
This Event Marketing Specialist will own internal events and assist with elements of annual programs. Our candidate not only has a creative approach to the strategic event marketing, but understands the tech space and is eager to providing unique and engaging experiences for customers -- both internally and globally. The individual we’re seeking understands how events are integral to the company makeup, and is excited about for opportunity to be involved with a growing world-class event marketing team.
- Manage internal events for Yext including, but not limited to: Yext Holiday Party, biannual all-company events, sales kickoffs, President’s Club for the revenue team, and various in-office events
- Assist Senior Manager, Event Marketing with aspects of Yext annual programs: ONWARD (annual user conference) and Yext on Tour (annual multi-city road show)
- Oversee onsite execution of events as well as post-event reports and applicable metrics
- Assist with execution of marketing plan across all business channels
- Work closely with teams across all company functions: Revenue, Operations, Product Marketing, HR, Procurement, etc.
- Conceptualize and create promotional materials alongside Yext’s official promotional vendor that maintain a creative, on-brand approach for all items distributed to employees
- Review and negotiate contracts for restaurants, suites, local venues, hotels, conference centers and various types of suppliers
- National & international travel as needed to execute events and conduct site inspections
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2-4 years of relevant experience, including event planning, preferably in an entrepreneurial setting
- Extremely organized with a strong attention to detail; passionate about your work
- Ability to adapt quickly in an extremely busy, dynamic, and demanding office
- Demonstrated ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods, approaches, and departmental contribution. Commitment to continuous learning
- Self-starter, with ability to work both independently and as part of a multi-functional collaborative team
- Build and maintain positive relationships with a variety of stakeholders including internal and external C-level executives, industry influencers, investors, and vendors
- Exemplary customer service and communication skills, with ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format
- Experience developing RFPs, reviewing contracts and vendor negotiation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and Salesforce
- Availability to travel as needed
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours / paid time off, and excellent health / dental / vision insurance. Our mission is to help people go places—both consumers to our customers’ doorsteps and our employees to new heights in their careers. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext is based in the heart of New York City, with offices operating in Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, London, Paris, Tokyo, and Washington D.C. Yext has been recognized as one of America’s fastest-growing companies by Inc. 5000 (2015 & 2016), one of Forbes’ Most Promising Companies (2014 & 2015), and one of Fortune's Best Places to Work (2014, 2015, & 2016). Most recently, Yext was named the #1 Workplace in New York City by Great Place to Work® and Fortune.
You can learn more about the Yext team and culture on the muse, our website, and blog.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.