Yext puts business on the map. The Yext Knowledge Engine™ lets companies manage their digital knowledge in the cloud and sync it to over 100 services in the PowerListings® Network. Yext Listings, Pages, and Reviews help businesses around the globe facilitate face-to-face and digital interactions that boost brand awareness, drive foot traffic, and increase sales.
The Data Strategist is responsible for leading the development of Customer Analytics for Yext clients. Key responsibilities will include analyzing customer data to extract trends and insights that can be shared with both Yext’s Customers and Sales/Services organization as well as identifying opportunities and executing the development of internal data-driven initiatives. The ideal candidate is someone with 3-5 years of experience in an analytical role who is comfortable manipulating large data sets to extract compelling customer narratives. Preferably, this person will have experience building engaging client presentations and is well versed in database languages/tool development.
- Lead the development of customer analytics and insights for client Quarterly Business Reviews across all product suites
- Assist the Associate Data Strategist in developing best-in-class training materials, client-facing decks, and templates to support analytical reporting both internally and externally
- Identify opportunities and execute projects aimed at improving Yext’s ability to analyze and process aggregate client data for both internal and external reporting
- Analyze critical metrics/standards for our products and drive standards across all clients
- Work with closely with Consulting and Product teams to develop recommendations based on empirical usage and behavior data from current clients
- BA/BS degree in economics; math/statistics; business; and/or finance
- Experience with database tool development, SQL, Python required. Data science background desired.
- Problem solver/strategist with at least 2 years of relevant experience in B2B and B2C markets
- Strong secondary research skills -- ability to obtain, synthesize, and analyze data from disparate sources and provide concise representation of such data to support recommendations
- Strong analytical and database skills
- Proven track record of developing, administering and monitoring market analysis, data trends, and generation of reports
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours / paid time off, and excellent health / dental / vision insurance. Our mission is to help people go places—both consumers to our customers’ doorsteps and our employees to new heights in their careers. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext is based in the heart of New York City, with offices operating in Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, London, Paris, Tokyo, and Washington D.C. Yext has been recognized as one of America’s fastest-growing companies by Inc. 5000 (2015 & 2016), one of Forbes’ Most Promising Companies (2014 & 2015), and one of Fortune's Best Places to Work (2014, 2015, & 2016). Most recently, Yext was named the #1 Workplace in New York City by Great Place to Work® and Fortune.
You can learn more about the Yext team and culture on the muse, our website, and blog.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.