Yext (NYSE: YEXT) helps organizations answer every question about their business. Yext's Answers Platform collects and organizes content into a Knowledge Graph, then leverages a complementary set of products — including Listings, Pages, Reviews, and Search — to deliver relevant, actionable answers wherever customers, employees, and partners look for information. For over 15 years, thousands of companies worldwide have trusted Yext to create seamless content-driven experiences at scale across search engines, websites, mobile apps, and hundreds of other digital touchpoints. Learn more at yext.com.
Yext is seeking a dedicated Senior IT Developer (Tableau) in Hyderabad, India.
The Senior Tableau Developer/Architect is part of the Business Intelligence team that is responsible for analytics and integrations supported by IT across Sales, Marketing, Services, Customer Success, Finance, HR, Product and Engineering. The right candidate has compassion, curiosity and desire to improve and constantly learn; has technical experience in all the capabilities of the Tableau data analytics platform and a proven track record of driving standard methodologies and processes, with hands-on experience in creating visualizations, configuration, automation, & role-based access. This individual will: a) Design and build performant data visualizations working independently and in partnership with a global team of PMs, business analysts, and ETL developers (onsite and offshore); b) Provide vision for enhancements, technical design, and participate in design reviews to ensure governance principles and standard processes are followed; c) Debug, support, and test new and existing data visualizations.
What You'll Do
- Lead in key phases of the Tableau development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, solution design, configuration, development, testing, and deployment; take ownership of advanced or sophisticated issues and follow through to resolution.
- Enable Tableau users to build their own workbooks by maintaining data lineage documentation within Tableau End User Layer.
- Enhance adoption and data driven decision making among business users by participating in weekly Yext Tableau user community meetings.
- Determine the best way to present data (Tableau /snowsight)
- Proactively seek opportunities for process improvement: identify and resolve process bottlenecks, data issues, and inconsistencies to help improve operational efficiencies.
- Suggest improvements inspired by ideas from the global Tableau community.
- Formulate and define system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements. Includes analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements and translation into proper system requirement specifications, by attending meetings and discussion with business users.
- Devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems considering capacity and limitations, operation time and form of desired results using Tableau.
- Facilitate workshops - story-boarding workshops, translate story-boarding artifacts into an electronic format and provide input in design sessions.
- Build and publish customized interactive Tableau reports and dashboards. Choose the proper visualizations, use data blending features, and create Data sources.
- Create Tableau Scorecards, Dashboards using stack bars, bar graphs, scatter plots, geographical maps, line/pie graphs, and charts.
- Document and analyze requirements, scope, business rules (use cases) and user stories for any requests.
- Clearly communicate progress, dependencies, risks, issues, key metrics to IT and business stakeholders.
- Provide BI administration and technical support during weekends, after-hours and holidays, when needed.
- Work on new BI projects, enhancements as well as production support.
What You Have
- 6-9 years data analytics development experience; at least 5+ years experience with Tableau, development, configuration and system administration.
- Solid understanding and experience working with designing visualizations for decision making.
Strong SQL knowledge and knowledge in python.
- Experience in data engineering, dimensional database design, data lake, and data warehouse.
- Experience in practicing agile methodologies, including scrum and continuous integration environment
- Hands on snowflake querying experience to test dashboard data against source.
- Experience leading technical requirements capturing and building solutions from those requirements; working at-scale by standardizing components to ship visualizations rapidly.
- Experience using ticketing tools like Zendesk and project management tools like JIRA.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Business Applications - Salesforce products (Sales Cloud, Community Cloud, CPQ), Zuora, Callidus, Coupa.
- BTech/MCA degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Tableau Desktop Certified Professional / Tableau Server Certified Professional.
- Experience with CPQ, & quote to cash processes in a SaaS / recurring revenue company.
- Snowflake and python experience
- Ability to work seamlessly as part of a multi-site, multicultural, development and testing team, onshore and offshore, internal and external resources.
Perks and Benefits
YEXT takes great pride in its diverse workforce and we go length and breadth to ensure we have a highly engaged and connected working environment. We have a big, audacious mission to transform the enterprise with AI search. To achieve that, we need a global team made up of the brightest innovators, visionary thought leaders, and enthusiastic collaborators who care about making a difference in the world while building an amazing culture in the process.
We follow an annual performance appraisal policy and include a great bonus model in our pay structure. We believe that people do their best when they feel their best — and in order to feel their best, they must be well informed, fuelled, and rested. To ensure our employees are at their best, we provide the following perks.
- Attractive Bonus and Stock options for eligible positions
- A whole suite of best in class leave bouquet: Paid Time Off , Maternity leave, Paternity leave, Sick leave, Casual Leaves, National Holidays etc.
- Medical insurance benefits of 5L covering parents (including COVID hospitalization)
- Relocation benefits
- World class office infrastructure with Gaming rooms, plush pantry and Break out areas.
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. It is Yext’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities as required by law. If you have a disability that requires an accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.