Yext (NYSE: YEXT) helps organizations answer every question about their business. Yext's Answers Platform collects and organizes content into a Knowledge Graph, then leverages a complementary set of products — including Listings, Pages, Reviews, and Search — to deliver relevant, actionable answers wherever customers, employees, and partners look for information. For over 15 years, thousands of companies worldwide have trusted Yext to create seamless content-driven experiences at scale across search engines, websites, mobile apps, and hundreds of other digital touchpoints. Learn more at yext.com.
Yext’s internal audit function is responsible for the planning and execution of operational and technology audits and evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of Yext’s internal controls over financial reporting (“ICOFR”) program (i.e. SOX). In a critical leadership role, Yext’s Senior Director of Internal Audit will be responsible for guiding the strategy and execution of the functional areas described above, participating in the enterprise risk management process, developing strong working relationships with key executive and leadership level management, providing objective and insightful reporting to the Audit Committee and other stakeholders and creating an engaging and development-focused environment for the audit team. This position will be reporting directly to the company’s CFO.
What You'll Do
- Oversee continued enhancement of internal audit methodology and guide risk assessment, planning and execution of operational and technology audits and reviews
- Oversee continued development and roll-out a consistent and insightful audit reporting and follow-up process/lifecycle to provide insight to key stakeholders and drive accountability for risk mitigation
- Provide guidance and support for the ICOFR program, including approach/scoping, coordination with external auditors, deficiency evaluation, impact assessments and providing consultative guidance on opportunities for improvement to the overall control environment.
- Develop insightful risk reporting for the CFO and Audit Committee using the Company’s risk taxonomy applied across IA activities (i.e. ERM, operational audit, SOX)
- Liaise with the CISO and Technology Risk and Compliance team to ensure a coordinated rollout of improved technology risk management practices, adoption of relevant frameworks (i.e. NIST, GDPR, FEDRAMP) and incorporation into ERM taxonomy and GRC technology.
- Provide guidance and support to the Legal/ERM team in their development of the enhanced enterprise risk management (“ERM”) framework, including formation of enterprise risk committee and facilitation of management’s identification of risk appetite, mitigation decisions and plans, key risk indicators (“KRI’s) and ongoing risk monitoring processes.
- Nurture a highly engaged internal audit team with a focus on career development, establishing clear role expectations, creating challenging and exciting opportunities for team members growth and development and investing in each individual’s success.
- Proactively establish strong relationships with all key stakeholders across the company, continue education on the role of internal audit, risk identification and management and drive accountability for improved risk decision making.
What You Have
- 8-12 years’ progressive and comprehensive experience in internal audit/SOX related role
- Bachelor or advanced degree/certification in accounting, finance, audit or other related fields
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with ability to lead and develop highly engaged team
- Experience with leading onshore and offshore resources and developing and improving audit centers of excellence preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across the organization; building and maintaining positive relationships company-wide, including with members of the Board of Directors
- Deep understanding of finance and operational internal controls and internal audit methodology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt style and messaging to effectively communicate with professionals at all levels
- Experience in a fast paced, growth oriented technology company is a plus
The base salary at the time of hire for this position is expected to be between $171,900 - $287,000. Pay ranges at Yext are established based on an analysis of salaries for positions with a similar level of accountability and impact in the relevant labor market. Salary levels are expected to change to reflect an employee’s job performance (results and impact) over time. Salaries at the time of hire are typically offered in the lower to middle of the above-referenced range in order to provide the opportunity to reflect performance-based increases over time. In addition to base salaries, employees at Yext are typically eligible for a comprehensive package of benefits, and successful candidates may also be eligible for equity (stock) based compensation and/or variable pay programs based on performance relative to goals and targets.
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. It is Yext’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities as required by law. If you have a disability that requires an accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.