Yext (NYSE: YEXT) is building the next big thing in AI search, and the next big thing is answers.
With the explosion of information and data online, search has never been more important. However, while the world of consumer search has innovated over time, enterprise search has not. In fact, the majority of enterprise search is powered by outdated keyword technology that only scans for keywords and delivers a list of hyperlinks rather than actually answering questions. Yext, the AI Search Company, offers a modern, AI-powered Answers Platform that understands natural language so that when people ask questions about a business online they get direct answers – not links.
We have a big, audacious mission to transform the enterprise with AI search. To achieve that, we need bright minds and diverse perspectives to join our growing company and help us continue to disrupt an industry. Does this sound like you?
The Yext Internal Audit team is a dynamic and growing team that assists management with the building of an enterprise risk management and operational audit function. This creative and collaborative role will work with audit and business leaders to perform an enterprise risk assessment, establish our risk tolerance, identify mitigations and measurements, define our operational audit universe and build the annual operational audit plan, with input from the technology and financial audit teams, to provide assurance to key organizational stakeholders. The role will also support other advisory and audit efforts as needed.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience identifying and addressing operational, and compliance risks in business processes, evaluating the design of internal controls and risk mitigations, facilitating discussions with key business stakeholders to identify and design effective and efficient mitigation strategies and executing audits to assess the effectiveness of processes and controls. In addition, the candidate will have the skills necessary to be effective in agile, navigate a fast-moving and complicated environment, and to influence people in a fast-growing international company.
What You'll Do
- Providing assurance to the Board and external stakeholders on compliance with company policies and procedures, the efficient and effective design of operational processes and the effective mitigation of risk in the organization’s processes
- Work cross functionally with technology and financial audit teams to plan and execute on annual audit plan
- Assisting the annual enterprise risk management process and engage with various leadership level team members to identify and explore key strategic, operational and regulatory risks impacting the organization
- Risk consulting on new financial, operational and strategic initiatives to ensure efficient, effective and scalable design
- Educating the workforce on risk, process, controls and emerging, relevant business issues
- Providing advisory services to the supported business stakeholders to assist in educating on risk taxonomy and applying concepts to their respective business functions, developing risk mitigation strategies, establishing risk monitoring protocols
- Prepare reports and presentations for management, executive management and Audit committee
- Monitoring management remediation activities and ensuring timely completion
- Supporting with the design, conceptualization and implementation of Governance, Risk and Control (GRC) tool
- Other ad hoc consulting, assurance and compliance projects
- Some travel required (approximately 10%)
What You Have
- 4-6 years cumulative experience in internal/external audit or business consulting
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or business related field
- Strong business acumen and ability to navigate unfamiliar business processes
- CIA or CPA
- Experience in enterprise risk management and risk assessment
- Strong written and oral communication skills (used to educate management, communicate with them about process, controls, emerging audit and compliance issues, and communicate with external vendors/auditors and non-technical stakeholders)
- Basic understanding of IT general controls and application controls
- Previous experience with AuditBoardcompliance tool a plus
- Previous experience with data analytics or process and control automation
- Previous experience with enterprise risk assessment and GRC tools
- Embraces the challenge of evaluating process and controls in a fast paced control environment
- Results oriented leader who has the ability to manage, influence and drive strategic solution development across diverse teams.
- Problem solving skills that demonstrate critical and logical thinking to reach a solution.
- Analytical skills with high attention to detail.
- Experience in project management practices, tooling, and managing projects through the audit lifecycle.
- Domain expertise in the technology industry.
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. It is Yext’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities as required by law. If you have a disability that requires an accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.