Yext (NYSE: YEXT) is building the next big thing in AI search, and the next big thing is answers.
With the explosion of information and data online, search has never been more important. However, while the world of consumer search has innovated over time, enterprise search has not. In fact, the majority of enterprise search is powered by outdated keyword technology that only scans for keywords and delivers a list of hyperlinks rather than actually answering questions. Yext, the AI Search Company, offers a modern, AI-powered Answers Platform that understands natural language so that when people ask questions about a business online they get direct answers – not links.
We have a big, audacious mission to transform the enterprise with AI search. To achieve that, we need bright minds and diverse perspectives to join our growing company and help us continue to disrupt an industry. Does this sound like you?
Yext is seeking a talented Sr. IT Developer (Salesforce) in Hyderabad, India. The Sr. Salesforce Developer is part of the GTM (Go-To-Market) Systems team that is responsible for internal applications supported by IT across Sales, Marketing, Services, Customer Success, Product and Engineering. The right candidate has empathy, curiosity and desire to improve and constantly learn; has deep technical experience in all the capabilities and functionalities of the Salesforce.com platform and a proven track record of driving best practices and processes, with hands-on experience in core development (configuration, automation, customization & integration patterns).
What You'll Do
- Design and build scalable technical solutions working independently and in partnership with the US team;
- Develop solutions per Yext coding standards and best practices and take feedback from the technical lead based in the US and continuously improve the quality of their work
- Develop, enhance, debug, support, analyze, maintain and test new and existing Salesforce functionality, managed apps and connected applications.
- Participate in key phases of the Salesforce development lifecycle, including solution design, configuration, code development, testing, and deployment.
- Translate business requirements to solution design, develop design options & recommendations, review design and code, and manage issues and risks.
- Build functionality to improve performance, security, scalability, and reliability of Yext’s Salesforce platform.
- Design and develop functionality ensuring best practices are followed for integration, application development, deployment, data integrity, and ongoing enhancements.
- Proactively seek opportunities for process improvement: identify and resolve process bottlenecks, data issues, and inconsistencies to help improve operational efficiencies.
- Improve and evolve the Salesforce Lightning Platform, with focus on improving user experience and performance.
- Take ownership of escalated or complex issues and follow through to resolution.
- Collaborate with, mentor and guide the development teams on delivering quality code and test classes.
What You Have
- 7-8 Years development experience; at least 5 years experience with Apex, Salesforce.com APIs, configuration and custom development.
- Experience leading technical requirements gathering and building solutions from those requirements; working at-scale by reusing components and code to push apps out fast.
- Experience with development tools, including Force.com IDE or Illuminated Cloud, Ant migration tool, Github, and others.
- Experience with agile methodologies, including scrum and continuous integration environments (Teamcity, Jenkins, etc).
- Expert level understanding of environment management, release management, code versioning best practices, and deployment methodologies
- Deep and broad knowledge of Salesforce products (Sales Cloud, Community Cloud, CPQ).
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I & Platform Developer II.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with Salesforce CPQ, & quote to cash processes in a SaaS / recurring revenue company is a big plus.
- Ability to work seamlessly as part of a multi-site, multicultural, development and testing team, internal and external resources.
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. It is Yext’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities as required by law. If you have a disability that requires an accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.