Yext (NYSE: YEXT) is building the next big thing in AI search, and the next big thing is answers.
With the explosion of information and data online, search has never been more important. However, while the world of consumer search has innovated over time, enterprise search has not. In fact, the majority of enterprise search is powered by outdated keyword technology that only scans for keywords and delivers a list of hyperlinks rather than actually answering questions. Yext, the AI Search Company, offers a modern, AI-powered Answers Platform that understands natural language so that when people ask questions about a business online they get direct answers – not links.
We have a big, audacious mission to transform the enterprise with AI search. To achieve that, we need bright minds and diverse perspectives to join our growing company and help us continue to disrupt an industry. Does this sound like you?
Yext is seeking a talented and business-oriented privacy professional to join its growing Legal team as Senior Counsel, Data Privacy. The Senior Counsel will provide policy, regulatory and legal guidance, partnering with business units throughout the company, and will help drive the overall privacy and security program for the company globally. The position is based in New York or Washington, D.C.
What You'll Do
- Advise company on data privacy and security regulations
- Help develop and enforce company policies related to data privacy and security, working collaboratively with Product and other business units
- Act as escalation point on commercial matters involving data privacy and security, including negotiation of DPA and other privacy-related provisions in commercial contracts
What You Have
- 5-7 years at a leading law firm, in-house, or a combination thereof
- Strong subject matter expertise on Federal and State data privacy law, including CCPA/CPRA, HIPAA, GDPR
- IAPP CIPP certification preferred
- Flexibility and eagerness to work hard in fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Highly organized, process-driven and client-focused team player
- Law degree from an accredited U.S. law school and license to practice law
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.